ITS CLIENT SERVICES - Stu-Tech/Para Reg ITS Helpdesk
The Helpdesk Specialist, part of the Contact Center team, is primarily responsible for assisting, via phone or email, those who are experiencing procedural or technical difficulties with the use of any Andrews University-related IT applications, resources and services and ensures that an effective solution is provided to the customer.
- Must have a good written and oral command of the English language in order to provide effective phone, desk-side, and email support
- Ability to gauge the customer's technical ability and communicate with them in appropriate technical or non-technical language in a non-condescending manner.
- Detail Oriented
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information in an appropriate manner
- Ability to handle customer interactions with diplomacy and tact
Duties and responsibilities
- Effectively, professionally and respectfully represent the Information Technology Services members, staff, teams and their services to all customers
- Provide basic technical support by responding to incoming queries and issues, either by telephone, email or online chat
- Escalate calls by creating work order tickets to specialized tech support teams as needed
- Utilize ITS online tools and utilities to track incidents, troubleshoot technical issues as well as confirm identity of callers
- May perform on-site service calls to diagnose and correct hardware network related issues when necessary.
- May be assigned other duties by supervisor
- Experience in computer hardware, software and network troubleshooting, or equivalent training and/or education are necessary. Customer service training and/or experience are beneficial.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision. Although there are sometimes problem-solving guidelines for particular problems, there are no existing procedures or instructions for those problems. The incumbent may be on their own in solving problems and determining satisfactory solutions.
- Good work habits under pressure.
- Ability to research, learn quickly, and adapt to constant change.
- Ability to work in team oriented environment.
- Must be comfortable interacting with students, faculty , and staff from varying parts of the campus over the phone, via email, and/or walkins.
- Must be comfortable working in a team
- Needs ability to use a keyboard to enter and retrieve data
- Must have good eyesight to view computer monitor and phone
- Lifting and/or carrying 5-20 lbs. or more and the pushing and pulling of carts if necessary
- Must be able to withstand frequent interruptions
- Noise level that varys from very loud to quiet