ACADEMIC RECORDS - Stu-Clerical Reg Acad Records
The student assistant will provide clerical support and assistance in a number of Academic Records' functions. These may include: Front desk service; assistance with processing of graduation applications; degree audits; petitions; and other degree service procedures.
Good organizational skills; detail-oriented; ability to multi-task; good computer skills (Banner experience is great!); dependability and confidentiality a MUST; ability to work summers REQUIRED; ability to work vacations and breaks HIGHLY DESIRED; ability to work a block of time during regular office hours REQUIRED (between 10am and 1pm desired). Required office skills test available at the employment office, ext 3570.
Duties and responsibilities
Student worker responsibilities may include any one of the following:
- Processing transcript requests; scanning, filing and other duties as assigned.
- Assist the Front Operations team with processing (receiving, entering, scanning, uploading, and purging) of student academic record documentation.
- Assist with projects pertaining to degree audits, student records, file retention, and graduation.
- Good customer service skills (interaction with students/alumni)
- Organizational skills (time is of the essence; a short work time means working quickly and efficiently)
- Detail oriented (accuracy in transcript request process is essential)
- Ability to multi-task (many irons can be in the fire!)
- Computer experience (experience with Banner a plus)
- Ability to work a block of time (Time in the morning to get mailing done by 1pm.)
- Dependability and confidentiality a must (Working when you say you will be working enables the proper organization of duties. Student confidentiality is of the utmost responsibility.)
- Ability to work summers, vacations and breaks highly desired. (Transcripts are requested year round. Students able to work during these "off" times are especially helpful, and preferred.)
- Length of stay - 1 year minimum, longer is highly desired
- Microsoft office proficiency required, including Excel (we do a lot of work in spreadsheets and a baseline ability to read and interpret them is required)
- Banner experience a plus
Must be comfortable interacting with students, staff, and other office personnel in person, by phone, and by email.
Sitting at a desk/computer for the period of time you are working. Able to carry up to 20 lbs. as necessary (i.e. office supplies, boxes of student files, shredding, etc.).
Front desk of Academic Records that receives and screens students, visitors, and paperwork. Also will include desk area with computer in office cubicle; the office door opens to the lobby which can be noisy.