SODE-STUDENT SERVICES - Stu Video & Marketing Assistant
Under the leadership of the School of Distance Education Adult Center and Online Student Services Director, this student worker will lead in marketing and student service tutorial video and social media reel development. Responsibilities include assisting with market analysis, student interviews, managing video content collection, video editing, and marketing use. All SDE student workers also serve in the Online Testing Center as proctors during exam weeks.
- be a full-time student attending main campus intending to continue at Andrews through 2023
- video production skills and experience preferred
- good writing and oral language skills in English and preferably also in Spanish
- strong organization skills and attention to detail
- ability to proactively solve problems and follow directions
- available to work longer hours in summers preferred
Duties and responsibilities
- create reels and videos to market AU online programs, and train team members to create quality video tutorials for online student orientation and support
- assist with market analysis, data collection, and campaign materials preparation
- be cross-trained to serve as a proctor in exam weeks
This student position includes training other student workers who will work on specific video/reel production projects.
- Students should have strong reasoning, language, and computer skills.
- A passion for learning on the job, as well as improving and streamlining any assigned tasks is desired.
- Able to use own equipment to record video content, edit and produce videos
- Willingness to listen and learn from others on the team
- Comfortable interacting with adult students using various communication modes, helping them do their best in sharing their stories via any digital communication tool available
- Able to calmly assist students taking exams, with training to provide professional service
Clear vision, good hearing, and finger dexterity to proficiently use a computer.
Student computer desk workspace provided, with Adobe software for video editing. Access to a recording studio but we don't own our own equipment. Ability to work on own computer an advantage.