UNIVERSITY PRESS - Graphic Designer and Typesetter
This job will involve creating and/or editing graphic design and other content for marketing as well as designing and typesetting scholarly books. Applicant must be a qualified, full-time student at Andrews University.
Applicant must have an avid interest in quality book production, conceptual design skills, a typographic sense, and the ability to pay attention to detail and observe discrepancies in text and design.
Duties and responsibilities
- Prepare images for marketing, web display, and printed materials
- Prepare MS Word documents for transfer to Adobe InDesign
- Typeset book content in Adobe InDesign using paragraph and character styles
- Prepare print-ready files
- Avid interest in book design/production
- Understanding of the book print process
- Conceptual design skills and typographic sense
- Ability to produce and edit photographic content
- Proficiency in using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat
- Experience using character and paragraph styles within Adobe InDesign
- High level of attention to detail and quality of work
- Able to spend long periods of time on a single task
- Reliability and dependability in meeting a daily schedule
- Currently enrolled full-time student at Andrews University
Must pass design skills and typesetting tests.
Must be able to work collegially in an office setting with other immediate associates
Pleasant, quiet work environment