DINING SERVICES - School Lunch Cashier/Driver
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Help School Lunch team gather and load cube truck with the day’s supplies and food and drive truck to the Ruth Murdoch Elementary and Andrews Academy unload. Using the CBORD POS system cashier at the elementary school. Pickup food and supplies from both schools and deliver back to Dining Service, unload and put away.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Drive and maintain department Cube Truck.
- Using CBORD POS system cashier at the Ruth Murdoch Elementary.
- Help the School Lunch Servers clean up. Cleans and sanitizes food preparation equipment and work area.
- Sweeps and mops the kitchen floor and get food in the food carts.
- Labels, dates and stores foods in designated areas.
- Segregates and removes garbage and recyclables.
- Loads the carts, leftover cases of food, and dirty trays and silverware into the truck.
- Go to the Academy and pick up their items that need to be brought back to Dining Services
- Drives truck back to Dining Services and unload items and put away and/or take to dishroom
- Do other work as requested by supervisor.
- Cooperate with supervisor in adjusting job duties as circumstances require.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability speak, read, and write in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must successfully complete ServeSafe training. Must have a current driver’s license and pass driving test from Andrews Transportation and be successfully trained on the Cube Truck. Must pass a background check done by the University.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finder, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.