DINING SERVICES - Receiver/Delivery Driver
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Receive deliveries from variety of vendors, check in product, ensure quality, and deliver product to proper storage area. Organize and maintain the entirety of the stock both perishable and non-perishable, including sanitation and paper products. Interface with each area staff member to provide needed ingredients and items. Drive delivery truck for school lunch program, catering/ special events, and pick up of needed items from vendors, if necessary. Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the dock, elevator, dry storage room, coolers and freezers throughout Dining Services.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Receive, deliver, and organize all deliveries made to the department.
- Manage and deliver invoices to the appropriate department to ensure proper recordkeeping.
- Follow all aspects of the loading dock safety policy
- Ensure quality of all delivered products including proper temperature, package integrity, and expiration dates.
- Work independently and without direct supervision as the role demands work in areas that are not watched or supervised, especially when driving.
- Communicate clearly with other departments to ensure product availability for forecasted menu.
- Drive large box truck both on and off campus as needed for school lunch program, catering/ special events, and purchasing. Load and unload carts, hot boxes, cold boxes and hand trucks when needed.
- Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Use email to communicate internally and externally.
- Contribute to the success of the department and be willing to work alongside other programs to ensure success.
- Do other work as requested by supervisor.
- Cooperate with supervisor in adjusting job duties as circumstances require.
At least two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.. Computer literacy skills are required.
Must be able to read, write and speak English fluently. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry. Comfort with accounting procedures.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is required to talk or hear. The employee is required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Must be able to organize and maintain office atmosphere in midst of distractions. Must be willing to be on call in case of emergencies, e.g. computer shutdowns. Must be able to provide exceptional customer service and perform well under pressure.