NURSING - Assistant/Associate Professor
Faculty Part-time (50-74%)
Assistant or Associate Professor of Maternal-Child Nursing (OB) is a Full-time position and will be responsible for teaching OB or maternal/child theory and clinical nursing, along with other applicable nursing courses to make a full-time position.
- BS in Nursing
- Doctorate or Masters in Nursing
- At least 2 years current work Experience in Maternal-Child or OB nursing
- Formal Teaching Experience is preferred.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach Theory and Clinical Maternal-Child Nursing in Fall Semester
- Teach other nursing classes as assigned
- Attend all departmental meetings
- Advise students
- Attend Pinnings, Dedications, and Graduations
- Other duties that may be assigned from Department of Nursing, School of Professional Health and University levels.
No Supervisory Responsibilities
- Ability to work as a team member
- Ability to teach with technology
- Dynamic presenter/speaker
- Ability to form good student and peer relationships
- Ability to establish relationships with clinical sites in various communities
- Ability to use course management systems like Moodle is preferred but training will be given
- Comfortable with classroom presentation technology like PowerPoint etc.
- Must be comfortable interacting with students in an advisory role
- Must be comfortable interacting with multi-ethnic and multi-national faculty and student population.
- Must be able to keep up with the physical demand required for students’ clinical rotation within the healthcare settings.
- Classes will be taught mostly in Marsh Hall, Andrews University
- Clinical at hospitals and clinics in the community.