THEOLOGY-CHRISTIAN PHILOSOPHY - Faculty-Theo/Chrstn Philosophy
Faculty Full-Time (75-100%)
Professor of Ethics and Systematic Theology in the Theology and Christian Philosophy Department of the Seventh-day Adventist Theological Seminary
- An earned doctoral degree (PhD or ThD) in the area of theological studies.
- Demonstrated competence in teaching.
- Pastoral ministry experience in the Adventist Church.
- A record of academic engagement and publications and a desire for an on-going research agenda in area of expertise.
- An understanding of adult learning practices and how to apply it in the context of theological education.
- Strong interpesonal skills; the ability to collaborate well with colleagues; and a disposition conducive to interacting winsomely with students and staff.
- A personal history of healthy human relations, high moral integrity, and Christian spiritual maturity.
- A commitment to mentor students.
- Capacity to communicate effectively and dynamically both on a popular and scholarly level.
- Solid support of Seventh-day Adventist beliefs and mission.
Duties and responsibilities
- Teach a full load of courses in theolgical studies, with an emphasis in Ethics and Systematic Theology.
- Advise and provide mentorship to master and doctoral students.
- Provide advocacy and leadership in areas of Ethics, Theology, and Christian Philosophy to the Seminary and the Seventh-day Adventist Church (and beyond).
- Participate in Seminary and University life and responsibilities.
- Carry regular faculty responsibilities related to teaching, service, research, and publication, and administration.
- Work with administrative assistant.
- Oversee graduate assistant.
An earned doctoral degree (PhD or ThD) in the area of theological studies, with an emphasis in Ethics and Systematic Theology.
Technical competencies as needed to successfully perform teaching responsibilities.
Strong interpesonal skills; the ability to collaborate well with colleagues; and a disposition conducive to interacting winsomely with students and staff.
Physical abilities as needed to fulfill teaching responsibilities.
The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.