MEIER HALL - Office Mgr Men's Dorm
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
The Office Manager position at Meier Hall provides a positive atmosphere for residents and parents to ask questions, and receive help as they transition into college life. It is a two-part position, as the candidate chosen will be overseeing all office policies and procedures, as well as assigning housing to residents.
Customer service is a top priority. This is home away from home for our residents, and they should be treated respectfully, and made to feel comfortable.
Duties and responsibilities
The Office Manager submits payroll for student workers and staff at Meier Hall, assigns residents to their room, works with Accounts Payable to pay bills and budget finances, as well as answering phone calls and sending emails as needed. This person touches base with people all across campus for different reasons and resources. The candidate chosen may also assist the Head Dean and two Assistant Deans with any projects that they develop.
- Financial: implement services related to department purchasing;accounts payable; inter-department account manager
- Front Desk: payroll and support as needed
- Housing: implement the processes and assignments of resident's rooms and related charges. Maintain resident records and facilitate DARA processes development; organize check in/out processes. Hires and supervise housing assistant
- Keys: In charge of student room keys and keys to Meier Hall, hand out and collect keys given to student workers and staff members.
- Mail: provides hiring,training and supervision of the mailclerk
- Office Management: hire and supervise student employees, provide superior customer service to residents and guests; organize daily office responsibilities to meet the needs of service to residents;maintains accurate resident records;provide,as requested depart support,documents and services
- Payroll: supervise employee accountability and procedures for time entry,departmental payroll submission
- Collaborate with Men's deans to provide facilities and services that positively reflect the mission of Meier Hall and AU
- Build positive relationships with internal campus entities and external contractors/vendors who work with Meier Hall
Other duties as assigned by the Dean of Men
- Submit and monitor IDC's
- Send out mass emails when needed
- Responsible for keeping within the budget
- File all papers in appropriate places
- Facilitate monthly staff meetings
- Various errands for deans
- Oversee deposit releases, key charges, other charges related to students
The Office Manager provides assistance to other employees in the building, as well as managing two Housing Assistants, who are student workers.
Basic office knowledge is required. The candidate chosen must know the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as have an understanding of office equipment. Organization is key for any office position, as you balance many different tasks regularly.
Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite is required, as well as performing well with the Microsoft Outlook Exchange email system.
This position requires someone who can be available mentally and spiritually for the residents, as they struggle with various aspects of adjusting to college life.
This position does not consist of much lifting. Only special occasions where you may purchase a large box of office paper, or pull out the holiday decorations.
The beginning and the end of each semester can be extrememly busy and requires someone who is able to balance priorities. The rest of the year is used to plan ahead, and maintain.