DINING SERVICES - Salad/Deli Attendant
Hourly Full-time (35-40)
Prepare ingredients and build salad bar/ deli based on posted menu.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities
- Checks menu and prepares food for meals to meet time and quality requirements.
- Instruct servers on proper portion sizes and ingredients in menu items where appropriate.
- Periodically checks salad bar/ deli to maintain quality and quantities of food. Every effort should be made to keep food looking fresh by batch cooking in batch sizes appropriate for the amount of customers visiting the station.
- Cleans and sanitizes food preparation equipment and work area.
- Assists the Executive Chef/ AM-PM Cook with meal preparation as required.
- Labels, dates and stores foods in designated areas.
- Segregates and removes garbage and recyclables.
- Performs advance preparation duties and salad and fruit preparation as directed by manager.
- Looks ahead to the next day for advance preparation necessary for that meal.
- Do other work as requested by supervisor.
- Cooperate with supervisor in adjusting job duties as circumstances require.
This job has no direct supervisory responsibilities.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability speak, read, and write in English. Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small groups situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must successfully complete ServeSafe training.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finder, handle, or feel, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required include color vision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme cold. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.