IT Assistant (Part-Time)
Adventist Information Ministry (AIM) seeks someone with previous IT background or a current Computer Science major to work as an Assistant in our IT department. AIM is a ministry of the North American Division which answers the toll-free numbers for many of the church’s media ministries. As such, we are looking for a person that has a strong dedication to the soul winning mission of the Adventist church.
Preference will be given to someone willing to invest in this ministry for longer than a school year. Essential to the job is being a self-starter, someone who can figure out what needs to be done and do it. We anticipate that the person we hire will work about 15 hours per week when school is in session with additional hours most vacations and summer.
AIM works primarily in a Windows environment. On any given day the IT Assistant can be involved in one or more of the following areas:
- Network design and maintenance
- Setting up or maintaining servers
- Maintaining offsite backup system
- Email management
- Maintaining our sophisticated software-driven phone system
- Maintaining workstation computers, monitors, phones, speakers, and peripherals
- Building and deploying workstations
- Management of inventory controls
- Helping with special projects
- Setting up or maintaining databases
- Maintenance and development of our website(s)
- Documenting software, procedure or policy development
- Any other IT related issues that may arise
- On-call rotation for after-hours support
Please do not apply via the Andrews University website. Instead, apply at www.callaim.org/employment/ or if you have questions, contact Ron Benjamin, ITS Assistant Director, at 269-471-6028 or email@example.com.