Carolina Conference Communication Job Available
Summary: The communication intern works with the communication director and associate to accomplish video, print and web communication for the Carolina Conference, specifically for the age range of 15-30. This is a two-year position, with the requirement that the applicant have completed their undergraduate degree within the past five years.
The intern will shoot and edit video footage and perform the technical tasks related to production and post-production, including transport, set up, and operation of equipment. The intern will also write and edit content for an e-newsletter as well as manage websites and social media.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Create and manage online video content, manage video editing, including computer-based non-linear editing systems, software and digital assets (equipment provided)
- Compose and manage youth-related e-newsletter
- Implement and maintain website design and operation
- Promote events, services and the mission and message of the Adventist church and the Carolina Conference through Conference social media
- Perform other duties that may be assigned by the director and/or the Conference administration.
- Experience in video production and editing
- Experience or proficiency in news writing
- Experience in social media
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in a related field (or equivalent experience)
- Adobe Premiere
- Microsoft Word or equivalent
- Experience in web design/maintenance a plus but not required
- Experience in Adobe InDesign a plus but not required
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully and effectively with people on a daily basis. Individual must remain calm under pressure and exhibit courtesy, diplomacy and kindness at all times, both in person and on the telephone. Individual must exhibit ability to maintain high degree of loyalty and support for the departmental director, the Carolina Conference and the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Level of Supervision Required for Significant Tasks:
- Work is performed with moderate supervision. There are specific guidelines to follow, and work is to be performed in such a manner that assigned deadlines are met.
This is a full-time position for two years, with the possibility but not guarantee of continued employment. The internship is through a program developed by the North American Division of Seventh-day Adventists to get young graduates involved in working for the church. You will be required to move within commuting distance of our Charlotte, NC, office. Occasionally requires weekend hours.
- Healthcare benefits
- Paid vacation
- On-site studio
- Up-to-date equipment
- 403b retirement plan
To apply and find out more please email us the following:
- Your updated resume
- Digital portfolio or links to your work
- A brief email telling us why you would excel at this position
We look forward to hearing from you!