Coordinator - One Buchanan/PRISM Club Intern
Summary: Advances the work of One Buchanan to promote a city that promotes inclusion and affirms diversity through the staffing of a One Buchanan/PRISM Club at the Buchanan High School. The PRISM Club serves as a peer support group for LGBT students.
1. In conjunction with One Buchanan and the Buchanan High School, coordinates the launch and activities of a One Buchanan Club.
2. In tandem with appointed liaisons from the Buchanan High School, arranges for educational programs that advance diversity and inclusion.
3. Defines community service projects and community service organizational partners.
4. Handles logistics for community service projects.
5. Provides recommendations to One Buchanan and Buchanan High School for support service needs for marginalized youth.
Qualifications: Experience in working with youth. Ability to work with diverse youth from differing ethnic, racial and socioeconomic backgrounds, including LGBT youth.
Well organized and ability to coordinate community service projects. Skills in conflict management and meeting coordination.
Time Commitment: 3-4 hours per week