2018 Children's Leadership Conference
"The Domino Effect: Empowering Children to Reach Children!"
Over the weekend of October 12–13, 2018, the Center for Youth Evangelism hosted the 2018 Children's Leadership Conference at Andrews University. Ministry leaders, seminary students and interested parents came from near and far. This year's theme was “The Domino Effect: Empowering Children to Reach Children!” The conference provided attendees with what they desired most: a unique encounter with God and practical ministry training.
A well-chosen group of presenters shared from the wealth of their tried experiences in local, national and international fields:
- Trina Ware, children’s ministries director, South Central Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Don MacLafferty, president, In Discipleship
- Francini Reis, NAD children’s ministries
- Robin Galon, children’s ministries specialist
- Pamela Daly, children’s ministry director, Lake Region Conference of Seventh-day Adventists
- Justo Morales, associate ministerial and Hispanic ministries director, Illinois Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, and Rosa Morales, bilingual literacy coach, Naperville School District of Illinois
Their deep sense of commitment to reaching children and empowering them to reach others was evident. Engaging and practical demonstrations enabled participants to come away from the conference charged with useful ministry tips and renewed inspiration.
Second-year seminarian Aubrey Toup reflects, “I left the conference feeling that if we can break things down into something hands-on, fun and memorable, we can reach our children with the gospel and remind ourselves of its power too.”
The power of the Children’s Leadership Conference was the foundational truth that children are to be intentionally evangelized and discipled because Jesus has called them, too, and they are quite capable.