The Aim of Behavioral Sciences Dept
The BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES are concerned with the study of how human beings think and behave as individuals, and in sociocultural and ecological systems. We aim to:
1) Introduce students to the salient discoveries and procedures accumulated from research in behavioral sciences disciplines, and
2) Empower students to utilize this knowledge in furthering the mission of Seventh-day Adventists: restoring men and women to the image of their Maker.
The department fulfills these aims by three principal means:
1) Instruction by Christian professors;
2) Course work which develops a strong liberal-arts foundation and interdisciplinary preparation leading to many different fields of Christian service; and
3) Extracurricular participation by students in voluntary religious activities, community service, and research.