Admissions & Scholarships
ONLINE APPLICATION FORM
ENTRANCE MUSIC AUDITIONS
Each applicant to the Music Department must complete an entrance audition before starting their program. Auditions are accepted throughout the year up to the beginning of the academic year. The purpose of the audition is to demonstrate the student’s musical and technical abilities for admission into the Department of Music as a music major/minor.
All admissions based on the entrance audition are provisional. Final admission will be granted at December juries or at the end of the academic year (April juries). If by that time the student was not granted admission as music major/minor, he/she should consider changing their major.
- Auditions will be scheduled through the Music Office (email@example.com) or the area coordinators upon submission of filled-out application form (see website). Information how to contact your area coordinator is provided for each performance section below.
- Applicants are strongly encouraged to audition on campus. If a live audition cannot be arranged a good quality video recording is accepted.
- The audition deadline for priority consideration for scholarship attribution is April 1.
- Student will receive notification of acceptance into the program and scholarship attribution within three weeks of the live or video audition.
These exams are offered the Friday before the first day of Fall semester and on the first Wednesday of Spring semester. These exams are required to be taken by all new students before their first day of classes.
- Graduate Music Theory Exam Preparation Guidelines
- Graduate Music History Exam Preparation Guidelines
Performance Scholarships vary up to $2000 for members of the Department of Music Choirs, Orchestra, and Wind Symphony. To be eligible for a performance scholarship, students must complete an application process, audition and match the needs of the ensemble(s). Recipients do not have to be a music major to receive this scholarship. This scholarship is not part of the Andrews Partnership Scholarship.