The Department of Digital Learning and Instructional Technology offers professional development on various topics for teaching blended and online and using educational technology in classroom.
- Course Tune Up – The full DLiT team supports and coordinates this unique workshop designed so you can repeat it each year. Tune up your course, online, blended, or on campus!
- Faculty Institute – DLiT coordinates the high tech and online teaching strands of Faculty Insitute and DLiT staff often present or recommend presenters.
- Faculty Technology Showcases – These showcases are presented by faculty with Q&A sessions. The sessions run from 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. with a lunch provided. Online RSVP is required. Topics are subject to change.
- Library – DLiT also recommends the Library Training Video and other resources for Library training for faculty off campus.
- Online Course Development – Participate in our full online course development process, starting at least six months before your course will be offered. This full service experience will train you in good practices in teaching online.
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC) Workshops – OLC offers one week long workshops that are delivered online with one live session usually on Friday. The workshops are FREE to the faculty member (a $169 value sponsored by DLiT). Register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tool Box Sessions (formerly known as Moodling with Marsha) – These sessions are general help sessions with no planned trainings. Come with your Educational Technology questions. These are scheduled throughout the year in various buildings across campus. Questions? Email email@example.com.
- Moodle training
- Integrating faith and learning online
- Organizing your course
- Engaging students in online learning
- Assessment in online learning
- Models of hybrid delivery
- Tools for online collaborative projects
Sign up for our email list for workshop reminders and announcements of new workshops.