Distance Degree Application Steps
How do I apply to a distance degree program?
2. Request documents such as official transcripts, ACT/SAT test scores, and two references to be mailed to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
4150 Administration Drive
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0740
Refer to andrews.edu/undergrad/apply for a full list of admission requirements.
3. Track your admission status online anytime by activating your Andrews username.
a. Go to vault.andrews.edu; click on Username Activation and follow the prompts.
b. Then return to vault.andrews.edu, click on PreVue, and log in using the username and password.
4. Prepare financially.
a. US citizens should complete the Federal Student Aid application at fafsa.ed.gov regardless of whether they plan to use financial aid. Enter the Andrews University code as 002238. Reference eligibility guidelines at studentaid.ed.gov/eligibility
b. As self-paced online courses are significantly discounted, no scholarships are designed for distance degree students taking this type of course.
5. Wait for a decision letter. If you are not accepted, consider taking the suggested steps in the letter in order to re-apply. If you are accepted, AU will evaluate your transcripts and identify any transfer credits that can be applied to your distance degree.
6. Schedule appointments with advisors to gain academic and financial clearance. You will find their contact information on your PreVue page.
- If you select self-paced courses, you will have 180 days from your selected start date to complete each course. You may register for self-paced courses at any time, and work at your own pace, if paying without financial aid. If you use federal financial aid, you will need to register at the start of on-campus Fall and Spring semesters, and complete courses during the four-month semester.
- If you take on-campus or interactive online courses, pay attention to the fixed start and end dates, and registration deadlines. Late fees will apply.
When are the deadlines for admission to Andrews distance degree programs?• If you are paying directly, you may apply, and if accepted, register at any time of the year.
• If you plan to apply for federal student aid, review processing deadlines at andrews.edu/future/financing/aid/