An entrance examination is a standardized test used to assess candidate's preparation for a course of studies. These tests are designed to measure your collective knowledge in various skill areas such as verbal, quantitative, analytical and writing skills.
GMAT AND GRE TESTS
Most of our graduate level programs required standardized tests but not all of them. To learn if your program required the GRE or GMAT, please review the admission requirements of your program here.
|PhD, ThD, DNP, DPT, EdS, EdD, MA, MAT, MArch, MPH, MS||GRE|
|MSA Church Administration||GMAT or GRE|
|DMin, DMiss, DScPT, t-DPT, MAPM, MAYYAM, MDiv, MIDA, MSCID, MSW, MSMLS, MMus, MA Music||GRE is not required|
- GRE and GMAT must be taken within five years prior to admission.
- GRE revised general test scores are required before an admission decision can be made.
- GMAT scores must be met prior to regular admission status—students will not be able to enroll in more than 9 credits of graduate work without the GMAT.
The table below provides a breakdown of the University’s GRE Revised General test minimum scores. Additional academic requirements may be requested for students who do not meet the minimum required scores.
|DEGREE||VERBAL REASONING||QUANTITATIVE REASONING||ANALYTICAL WRITING|
The formula below provides an estimation of the minimum GMAT test scores you will be required achieve.
GMAT score = > 1000 - (undergraduate cumulative GPA x 200)
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTS
English is the language of instruction at Andrews University. International and Domestic prospective students who graduated from an educational institution where English was not the language of instruction will be required to submit English proficiency test scores.
The table below provides a breakdown of the University’s minimum English proficiency tests scores to be considered for regular admission.
|ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TEST||MINIMUM SCORES REQUIRED|
|Internet-based TOEFL (iBT)||80|
|Paper-based TOEFL (ITP)||550|
- English Proficiency tests must be taken within 2 years prior to admission.
- MA Communication, MA English, DPT Physical Therapy, and Seminary programs require higher English test scores.
Our campus also offers the services of ESL classes, however, please remember that an academic acceptance for our ESL program does not guarantee future admission into Graduate level degrees. To learn more about the Center for Intensive English program please visit the CIEP page.
The School of Graduate Studies scholarship and funding program is designed to encourage all qualified students to consider applying for admission. For information about tuition-reduction scholarships based on GRE or GMAT scores, see the Graduate Scholarships and Funding page.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Where can I take the GRE, GMAT or TOEFL?
Where do I send my test scores?
- Request that your scores be sent to Andrews University using the code 1030 for GRE and TOEFL, and VVG-G6-19 for GMAT.
When GRE tests may be waived?
The GRE exam requirement may be exempted for master’s applicants who have graduated with a previous United States master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or a United States master’s degree equivalency from an accredited or government recognized institution outside of the U.S.
Once a student’s application is complete, we will evaluate all the student’s academic credentials (including the master’s transcripts), after which the decision of whether or not to exempt will be communicated.
- The GRE exam requirement may be exempted for master’s applicants who have graduated with a previous United States master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution, or a United States master’s degree equivalency from an accredited or government recognized institution outside of the U.S.
When GMAT tests may be waived?
The GMAT exam requirement may be exempted if one of the following conditions are met and approved by the School of Business Administration:
Five years of documented related work experience and earned a grade of at least a B- in Statistics and a grade of at least a B- in Pre-calculus algebra. These conditions must be met within the first semester.
On-campus Andrews University undergraduate business students with a cumulative GPA of ≥ 3.0 and earned a grade of at least a B- in Statistics and a grade of at least a B- in Pre-calculus algebra. These conditions must be met within the first semester.
- The GMAT exam requirement may be exempted if one of the following conditions are met and approved by the School of Business Administration:
When English Proficiency tests may be waived?
- English proficiency test may be waived if you graduated with a high school diploma (at least the ninth through the twelfth), bachelor or master’s degree from an educational institution where English is the language of instruction.