The Graduate Certificate Program in Communication is a focused group of Andrews University courses in the field of Communication. After completing the program, a student will have general communication skills for work in business, communication industries and the Church setting, both nationally and internationally. These skills include planning and preparing promotional materials, web content, speeches, presentations and visual media products.
12 total credit hours required. The time limit for completion should not exceed five years from the first enrollment. Courses may be delivered as summer courses, as intensives on a three-year rotation basis and pre-campus and post-campus work may be required. The courses may be offered on a regular on-campus basis during the semester. Courses may be applied by petition to the Masters in Communication.
Prospective students must submit their applications by the dates listed below.
- Fall (August - December): July 30
- Spring (January - May): November 15
- Summer (May - August): June 1
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 2.60 (or 2.75 on the last half of undergraduate courses). The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- International students: Since Graduate Certificates are not full time programs and international students must be enrolled full time, they are not eligible for this program.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
For information about Gainful Employment please see this guide.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.