Divinity/Social Work Dual Degree—MDiv/MSW
In this option, students are able to complete both the MDiv and the MSW in four years. Both degrees are conferred by Andrews University. Completion of the dual degree requires strict adherence to course sequence and curriculum design. The program will require students to take courses in summer sessions. The four-year completion plan also assumes that the student has satisfactorily completed one of the biblical language requirements, and has a bachelor’s degree in theology or religion. The four-year plan is designed to take Track 1 students 11 semesters and Track 2 students 12 semesters.
- Social Work
- Pastoral Care
- Discipleship and Religious Education
- Track 1: This 113-credit program can typically be completed in 11 semesters.
- Track 2: This 140-credit program can typically be completed in 12 semesters.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 2.60 (or 2.75 on the last half of undergraduate courses). The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
Transcripts: Your application will be processed based on Unofficial Transcripts and you will be able to upload a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts directly in your Graduate application. If the admission decision is to accept you into the program Official Final Transcripts will be required.
Domestic and International Prospective students who graduated from an educational institution outside the U.S. are recommended to have transcript evaluations done through one of our approved credential evaluation agencies: WES or ECE.
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required from professionals—such as advisors, major professors, and employers—excluding relatives. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
The Office of Graduate Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional documents at its own discretion.
Additional requirements for international students
In addition to fulfilling the regular admission requirements, International students with academic acceptance who are coming to Andrews University need to submit additional documents in order to process a student visa. For more information please visit the International Students page.
If you will be pursuing an Online program that requires you to come to campus for an orientation or class please contact the International Student Services for more specific information.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email email@example.com, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.