educational Leadership (Interactive online)—Certificate
The Educational Leadership Graduate Certificate (18-24 credits) is designed for post-baccalaureate or post-masters participants who want to enhance their administrative skills. Those served by this certificate are:
- Teachers interested in transitioning into educational administration
- Principals of K–8, K–10, K–12, and 9–12 schools
- Supervisors of instruction
- Superintendents of schools
This course work and certificate can be used to fulfill some of the Seventh-day Adventist and/or Michigan State administrative certification requirements. Andrews University does not provide certification or endorsement. Rather, the candidate works with their employing organization to secure certification.
Certificate credits can be transferred to the Andrews University MA in Educational Leadership. These certificates are offered at three different focuses: Principal, Supervisor of Instruction and Superintendent of Schools
Principal – 18 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years.
Supervisor of Instruction - 18 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years. Must complete a minimum of two graduate courses in curriculum, two in supervision and one in school administration.
Superintendent of Schools - 24 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years
Prospective students must submit their applications by the dates listed below.
- Fall (August - December): July 30
- Spring (January - May): November 15
- Summer (May - August): June 1
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 2.60 (or 2.75 on the last half of undergraduate courses). The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- Domestic and International prospective students who graduated from an educational institution in the U.S. must upload unofficial transcripts directly in the Graduate Application system during the application process. Official final transcripts will be required after admission decision.
- Domestic and International prospective students who graduated from an educational institution outside the U.S. must provide a WES International Credential Advantage Package (WES ICAP). An unofficial copy of the WES ICAP may be uploaded in the Graduate Application system during the application process. Official WES ICAP will be required after admission decision.
Prospective students applying to summer 2017 may submit unofficial copies of their transcripts in the Graduate Application system regardless of the type of program they are applying for.
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- International students: Since Graduate Certificates are not full time programs and international students must be enrolled full time, they are not eligible for this program.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
For information about Gainful Employment please see the following guides:
- Educational Leadership Certificate - Principal
- Educational Leadership Certificate - Supervisor of Instruction
- Educational Leadership Certificate - Superintendent of Schools
The Office of Graduate Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional documents at its own discretion.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.