educational Leadership (Interactive online)—Certificate
The Educational Leadership Graduate Certificate (18-24 credits) is designed for post-baccalaureate or post-masters participants who want to enhance their administrative skills. Those served by this certificate are:
- Teachers interested in transitioning into educational administration
- Principals of K–8, K–10, K–12, and 9–12 schools
- Supervisors of instruction
- Superintendents of schools
This course work and certificate can be used to fulfill some of the Seventh-day Adventist and/or Michigan State administrative certification requirements. Andrews University does not provide certification or endorsement. Rather, the candidate works with their employing organization to secure certification.
Certificate credits can be transferred to the Andrews University MA in Educational Leadership. These certificates are offered at three different focuses: Principal, Supervisor of Instruction and Superintendent of Schools
Principal – 18 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years.
Supervisor of Instruction - 18 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years. Must complete a minimum of two graduate courses in curriculum, two in supervision and one in school administration.
Superintendent of Schools - 24 credits minimum, typically completed in 3 years
- Fall (August - December ): July 15
- Spring (January - May): November 15
- Summer Session 1 (May - June): March 15
- Summer Session 2 (June - July): April 15
- Summer Session 3 (July - August): May 15
Prospective Students who apply after the deadline will incur an additional $70 late application fee.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 2.60 (or 2.75 on the last half of undergraduate courses). The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- English proficiency: Students whose language of education is not English must submit a minimum TOEFL or MELAB score of 80.
- Official transcripts: From institutions where all post-secondary coursework was taken. Download Transcript Request PDF
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- International students: Since Graduate Certificates are not full time programs and international students must be enrolled full time, they are not eligible for this program.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email email@example.com, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool.