Medical Laboratory Sciences—msmls
The Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences offers a graduate program leading to the Master of Science in Medical Laboratory Sciences (MSMLS). Our MSMLS degree is a professional degree designed to meet the needs of the Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) in an increasingly complex healthcare environment.
With a master’s level degree, you will be equipped to become a leader in healthcare. Depending on the area of specialization, graduates of the MSMLS Program are qualified for several leadership positions in the MLS field. Graduates of the Program have become laboratory managers or supervisors, educators, laboratory information systems directors, healthcare administrators, or researchers.
- Laboratory Sciences
- Laboratory Leadership and Administration
- Laboratory Mission and Development
This 36-credit program can typically be completed in two years.
Prospective Students without MLS Professional Certification can only start the program in summer semesters and must complete the application and submit all the requirements before March 15.
Prospective Students with MLS Professional Certification must submit their applications by the dates listed below.
- Fall (August - December): July 30
- Spring (January - May): November 15
- Summer (May - August): June 1
International Prospective Students with MLS Professional Certification are advised to complete and submit all the application requirements at least 3 months before the deadlines listed above to allow enough time for processing the immigration documents.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 3.00. The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- Certification/Licensure: Applicants must hold MLS professional certification and/or licensure in medical laboratory science acceptable to the admissions committee. Certification may be either general or in one of the recognized areas of specialization. Acceptable certification is typically defined as that offered by the ASCP (American Society for Clinical Pathology) Board of Certification.
- Transcripts: The MSMLS required the WES International Credential Advantage Package (WES ICAP) which includes verified copies of Official Transcripts.
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required from professionals—such as advisors, major professors, and employers—excluding relatives. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
The Office of Graduate Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional documents at its own discretion.
Additional requirements for international students
In addition to fulfilling the regular admission requirements, International students with academic acceptance who are coming to Andrews University need to submit additional documents in order to process a student visa. For more information please visit the International Students page.
If you will be pursuing an Online program that requires you to come to campus for an orientation or class please contact the International Student Services for more specific information.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email email@example.com, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.