Nursing Education (interactive online)—Post-MS Certificate
This distance education Post Graduate Certificate is for nurses (RNs) who have a Master's degree in nursing and wish to focus on nursing education.
This is a 16-credit program.
Prospective students must submit their applications by the dates listed below.
- Fall (August - December): July 30
- Spring (January - May): November 15
- Summer (May - August): June 1
- Baccalaureate degree: BS in nursing from an NLNAC or CCNE accredited school or equivalent accreditation in the country of residence.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 3.00 GPA. The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process; students who do not meet the minimum GPA requirements may also apply.
- Current licensure as an RN in the United States or equivalent accreditation in country of residence.
- Undergraduate course in statistics.
Transcripts: Your application will be processed based on Unofficial Transcripts and you will be able to upload a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts directly in your Graduate application. If the admission decision is to accept you into the program Official Final Transcripts will be required.
Domestic and International Prospective students who graduated from an educational institution outside the U.S. are recommended to have transcript evaluations done through one of our approved credential evaluation agencies: WES or ECE.
- Recommendations: Two recommendations are required from professionals—such as advisors, major professors, and employers—excluding relatives. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- International students: Since Graduate Certificates are not full time programs and international students must be enrolled full time, they are not eligible for this program.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
For information about Gainful Employment please see this guide.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email email@example.com, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.