Pastoral Ministry (off-campus)—MAPM
The Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry is for NAD experienced pastors whose ministerial functions make it impossible to engage in an extended study program at the Seminary. The curriculum in this program reflects emphases for English or Hispanic ministry tracks.
This 48-credit program can typically be completed in four years.
Course work is offered off campus twice annually in one- and two-week intensives, normally at Adventist educational institutions. Students should expect pre- and post-class assignments as part of the total academic requirements of each course.
There are no application deadlines for the Master of Arts in Pastoral Ministry Program. Enrollment is on a rolling admission basis.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 2.50
- Provide evidence of successful ministerial experience during the past five years.
Transcripts: Your application will be processed based on Unofficial Transcripts and you will be able to upload a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts directly in your Graduate application. If the admission decision is to accept you into the program Official Final Transcripts will be required.
Domestic and International Prospective students who graduated from an educational institution outside the U.S. are recommended to have transcript evaluations done through one of our approved credential evaluation agencies: WES or ECE.
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are required—must include a conference administrator, and two recommendations from professionals such as advisors, professors, or employers. You are asked to provide names and email addresses in the online application, and then the recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume: Information about your employment and church leadership roles.
- Statement of purpose: Essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University, and reflecting your family and religious development, sense of calling to ministry, experience in church work, and future goals in relationship to the MAPM program.
- Personality questionnaire: Complete and return the Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire as directed. Not needed for the Hispanic track.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
The Office of Graduate Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional documents at its own discretion.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.