Speech Language Pathology—MS
Andrews University’s Master of Speech-Language Pathology is designed to provide the student with in-depth academic study, the potential for research, and extensive clinical experiences in preparation for careers in the diagnosis, evaluation and management of individuals with speech and language disorders. In August 2014, the Master’s program received candidacy approval from the American Speech and Hearing Association’s (ASHA) Council on Academic Accreditation in Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology. Students completing this program will have met the course and practicum requirements set by ASHA for the Certificate of Clinical Competence (national certification) and Michigan State licensure.
This 60-credit program can typically be completed in 2 years (6 semesters including Summer sessions)
The MS Speech Language Pathology program only admits new students for Fall Semester.
Prospective students must complete the application and submit all the requirements before February 1.
International Prospective Students are advised to complete and submit all the application requirements at least 3 months before the deadlines listed above to allow enough time for processing the immigration documents.
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: Minimum 3.00
- Social or Behavioral Science Course
- Statistics course
- Life science course
- Physical science course (preferably Physics)
Transitional students must complete these courses during the prerequisite completion year, prior to beginning any graduate courses.
Transcripts: Your application will be processed based on Unofficial Transcripts and you will be able to upload a copy of your Unofficial Transcripts directly in your Graduate application. If the admission decision is to accept you into the program Official Final Transcripts will be required.
Domestic and International Prospective students who graduated from an educational institution outside the U.S. are recommended to have transcript evaluations done through one of our approved credential evaluation agencies: WES or ECE.
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are required from professionals—such as advisors, major professors, and employers—excluding relatives. You are asked to provide names and email addresses on the online application, and then recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Interview: Meet with a representative of the MS program if required
- GRE score: The exam must be taken within five years prior to admission.
- Statement of Purpose: A 500-word essay explaining your objectives in seeking a graduate degree at Andrews University. Include a description of your personal, professional, and academic goals; your philosophical perspective; and what you hope to accomplish professionally in ten years following the completion of your degree.
- English proficiency: English proficiency: Students whose language of instruction is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by meeting the minimum scores. To learn more please visit our entrance exams page.
The Office of Graduate Enrollment Management reserves the right to request additional documents at its own discretion.
Additional requirements for international students
In addition to fulfilling the regular admission requirements, International students with academic acceptance who are coming to Andrews University need to submit additional documents in order to process a student visa. For more information please visit the International Students page.
If you will be pursuing an Online program that requires you to come to campus for an orientation or class please contact the International Student Services for more specific information.
To learn more about tuition costs and scholarship opportunities please visit our financial section.
Have questions? We have answers. Just email email@example.com, call us at 269-471-6321, or Skype AndrewsGraduateSchool. Llámanos a la línea en español al 269-471-3790.