Borrowing Policies for On-Campus Patrons|
- Only Andrews University students, faculty, and staff who have
validated Andrews ID cards are eligible for this service.
Requests filed for
faculty members by graduate students,
secretaries, or office managers
should be under the faculty member's
name, ID, and other relevant
Exclusions: Andrews Academy and Ruth Murdoch Elementary School students,
family members of Andrews ID card holders, community card holders, and
should consult their own libraries (academic, public,
school, or special ) for their
interlibrary loan needs.
Books, dissertations, and articles that are not available at the JWL may
obtained through interlibrary loan according to the policies of the
Exclusions: Anything that is available in JWL in print, microform,
or other formats; items which are free on the Web; textbooks
currently in use;
reference books, entire sets of books or
serials; rare or fragile materials;
materials for recreation,
entertainment, hobbies, genealogy, etc.; materials for
the needs of
friends and family members.
- This is a free service.
Charges are for overdue books ($1.00/day), non-pick up of items
($5.00/per item). No grace period.
The borrowers assume financial responsibility for replacement of lost or
damaged materials while books are checked out under their names.
- Replacement cost includes cost of the book plus processing.
- Each eligible patron may submit no more than 10 requests within the
- Requests are processed from the appropriate OCLC FirstSearch
database. Fill out
request form but leave out the "cost" and "date
needed." See the Information Desk
for assistance or for any problems
When the borrowed materials arrive, patrons are notified by email, phone,
or postal mail.
Photocopies are sent electronically, by campus mail, or U.S. mail.
Electronically delivered articles must be opened within 24 hours because
the time limit on the server. Andrews email works best for
- Books and Dissertations - Pick up from and return to the
Since these are borrowed from other libraries, it is
important that they be
returned on time to maintain good relations with
the lending libraries.
- Photocopies - No need to return.
Patrons are required to comply with regulations, restrictions, and
set by the lending library. All materials on loan are subject
recall by the lending library.
Materials restricted to "Library Use Only" must be used inside the
exchange for patron's Andrews ID card and returned to the
before closing time.
No renewals unless in extenuating circumstances. When such a situation
arises, renewal requests must be submitted to the Circulation Desk no
than three days before the date due to give time to
communicate with the
- No phone renewals, please.
The book must be returned with the original date due slip and the slip
the renewed date due to the Circulation Desk. If the lending
library does not
grant the renewal request, please return the book as
soon as notified.
It is the patron's responsibility to
- Verify that items requested are not in James White Library in any
freely available on the Web.
- Provide honest and accurate information.
- Keep track of requests sent.
- Request items that can be read within the limited time period.
- Follow up requests not received two weeks after they have
- Cancel requests no longer needed.
- Respond immediately to all communications.
- Return borrowed items on time and in good condition.
- Comply with all regulations and restrictions placed by
the lending library
including loan period, renewal, and reproduction.
- Abide by U.S. Copyright law.
The ILL Office reserves the right to accept or reject requests depending
on the circumstances.
Patrons who abuse the system, present problems, or
refuse to abide by policies and regulations
will forfeit their
interlibrary loan privileges. Policies are subject to change at any
time. The ILL
Office does not take any responsibility for patron's
violation of copyright laws or for plagiarism.
Updated June 5, 2018