|Library Computer Use Policy
These guidelines are for all
library computer users, both staff and patrons.
- For security reasons, do
not share computer accounts, passwords and other types of authorization
assigned to individual users with others.
- Be aware of computer viruses
and other destructive computer programs, and take steps to avoid being
a victim or unwitting distributor of these processes. Personal computer
disks should be screened for viruses before being used with library
- Ultimate responsibility
for resolution of problems related to invasion of the user's privacy
or loss of data rests with the user. The library assumes no liability
for loss or damage to the user's data or for any damage or injury arising
from invasion of the user's privacy.
- Computing resources may
be used only for legal purposes by staff and patrons. Examples of unacceptable
Computing resources should be used in accordance with ethical standards.
Examples of unacceptable use are:
- 4.1 Harassment of other users;
- 4.2 Libeling or slandering other users;
- 4.3 Destruction of or damage to equipment, software, or data belonging
to the library or other users;
- 4.4 Disruption or monitoring of electronic communications;
- 4.5 Copying of copyright-protected material without the explicit permission
of the copyright owner.
- 5.1 Violation of computer system security;
- 5.2 Violation of guidelines of the networks traversed;
- 5.3 Use of computer accounts, access codes, or network identification
numbers assigned to others, or giving accounts to others;
- 5.4 Use of computer communications facilities in ways that unnecessarily
impede the computing activities of others;
- 5.5 Violation of software license agreements;
- 5.6 Violation of network usage policies and regulations;
- 5.7 Violation of another user's privacy.
- Elementary and high school
students may use public computers and terminals to locate study materials,
with the provison that Andrews faculty and students have use priority.
Some computers and terminals may have age restrictions posted.