AICER serves to:
1. To develop an empirical knowledge base concerning Adventist education, especially issues of international educational development.
2. To disseminate knowledge on Adventist education to Adventist institutions, researchers, educators and leaders to facilitate better communication, collaboration, and administrative decision-making in SDA schools.
3. To apply this knowledge to develop, enhance and strengthen Adventist education and personnel, specifically student learning, teaching, and administration in Adventist schools and colleges.
4. To identify and acquire funding to support research, dissemination and development in Adventist education.
5. To support faculty research on Adventist education through clerical, research, and collaboration services.
6. To provide research, assessment, and eveluation services to educational professions or schools and higher education agencies.
7. To provide graduate and undergraduate students research experiences and dissertation services