Accreditation and Assessment
Accreditations and Program Recognitions
- ACEI (Association for Childhood Education International): BSELED and MAT in Elementary Education programs are recognized by ACEI.*
- APA (American Psychological Association): Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology program is seeking APA accreditation, and has been approved for a site visit in 2017.
- CACREP (Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs): M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling program is accredited by CACREP.
- ELCC (Education Leadership Coustituent Council): M.A. in K-12 Educational Leadership program is recognized by ELCC.*
- NASP (National Association of School Psychologists): Ed.S. in School Psychology program is recognized by NASP.*
- NCATE (National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education)/CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation): The School of Education has been accredited by NCATE since 1970, and is preparing for a 2018 site visit by CAEP, which has replaced NCATE as the accrediting body in education.
- NCTM (National Council of Teachers of Mathematics): Bachelor's program in Secondary Mathematics Education is recognized by NCTM.*
- NSTA (National Science Teachers Association): Bachelor's programs in Secondary Biology Education, Secondary Chemistry Education, Secondary Integrated Science Education, and Secondary Physics Education are recognized by NSTA.*
*NCATE/CAEP requires educator preparation providers (schools of education) to complete a program review process. One program review option is called Program Review with National Recognition. This recognition is provided by Specialized Professional Associations (SPAs), which define content-area standards for programs in various disciplines. ACEI, ELCC, NASP, NCTM, and NSTA are SPAs by which some of our programs have been recognized (see CAEP website).
Program Approvals (by Michigan Department of Education)