Admission to the M.A. in Pastoral Ministry is based on the following requirements in addition to the general admission requirements for all graduate students and the general Seminary admission requirements. Applicants must also complete the Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire (16PF). You will be emailed a link to complete the questionaire online.
- Hold at least a BA degree from an accredited institution
- Demonstrate excellent academic skills
- Provide evidence of successful ministerial experience during the past five years
- Be recommended by local conference administration, a pastoral colleague, and local church leader/elder.
The MA. in Pastoral Ministry degree is awarded upon completion of a minimum of 48 credits of formal course work.
- Course work in North America is offered off campus twice a year. Each time the intensives meet, two 3-credit classes are offered at each site. Each class goes from Sunday- Thursday. Classes are usually held at Adventist institutions in each Union. Students should expect pre- and post-class assignments as part of the total academic requirements of each course. The intensives generate the equivalent of 12 credits per year.
- The degree should be completed within 6 years of beginning the program.
- Students are required to take 6 credits on the Andrews University campus during their first year in the program. In addition, 12 additional credits are to be completed on campus during the remainder of their coursework.
- Students failing to maintain a minimum GPA of 2.50 are placed on probation. Any student remaining on probation for the equivalent of two years (maximum of 18 credits) must withdraw from the program.
- Upon approval by the dean, a maximum of 24 graduate credits may be transferred from approved seminaries or universities, including Andrews University.
- A maximum of 8 credits may be transferred from another conferred degree upon approval by the dean.
Each applicant must submit the following to the Graduate Enrollment Office:
- Official application form completely filled out;
- Click here for the online application
- Application instructions/FAQ
- Application fee ($65.00)
- Complete the required 16PF Personality Profile ($25.00)
- Official transcript from each college/university attended
- Employment history
- Five years of ministry history
- A statement of purpose for seeking this degree (limited to 500 words)
- Local conference administration
- A pastoral colleague
- Local church leader/elder