Programs & Events
Health & Fitness Expo
Sunday, September 28, 2014, 9:30am-1pm
- This year, the Counseling & Testing Center is joining other university departments to host our first Health & Fitness Expo. This is the university’s homecoming weekend and there are plenty of activities for students and alumni, including a 5/10K Run that will start before the Expo. As participants end their run/walk, they can engage with the expo. We are planning activities for the whole family. Stay tunned.
Tuesday Choice Presentations
(All Presentations are in Buller Hall)
September 6, 2014
- Learn to identify characteristics of healthy and unhealthy friendships and discover ways to connect with others in a meaningful and healthy way.
September 23, 2014
Building Healthy Relationships
- What makes a healthy relationship? This presentation focuses on identifying the ingredients that contribute to healthy and strong relationships, while discovering the ontes that are potentially toxic. Come and dialog about how you can make the most of your friendships and be intentional about belonging to a healthy community.
October 28, 2014
How to make your 24 hours pay you the best dividends- A dialog on Time Management
- Time is a precious commodity. Time management is the art of arranging, organizing, scheduling, and budgeting one's time for the purpose of generating more effective work and productivity. Learn how to use these strategies to plan ahead, organize your life, and reach your goals.
November 4, 2014
Understanding and Preventing Date/Acquiantence Rape
- Sexual violence can happen to anyone at any time. Learn about the myths and facts of sexual assault, and how to protect yourself and your friends.
November 18, 2014
Test-Taking & Performance Anxiety
- Feeling anxious when taking an exam or doing an oral presentation? Learn the mental skills to reduce your anxiety and improve your confidence and concentration.
December 2, 2014
Communications Dept. Assembly: Stress management
- It's that time of year again! The key to being a successful student is to be able to deal effectively with things that are thrown your way. Learn what contributes to stress and gain some strategies to combat the anxiety and pressure. These things will contribute to your success here at Andrews.
Spring Semester 2015
January 13, 2015
- Are you overwhelmed and have no time to enjoy life? Learn to manage your time more effectively.
January 27, 2015
- Learn strategies to increase self-confidence and improve self-esteem
February 24, 2015
Embrace Your Imperfection
- Learn to love yourself by discovering how God had Created you. God doesn't make mistakes.
March 3, 2015
Pornography & You
- Pornography use, although common among many men, and increasingly common among women, can quickly become problematic when it is compulsive and addictive. Many whose use of pornography has gotten out of control find it difficult to stop, filling them with guilt, secrecy, and shame. Come and learn the screening criteria to determine if an individual's pornography use is problematic, compulsive or addictive and what you can do about it.
March 10, 2015
Decision Making Skills
- Learn how to make wise and informed decisions; from simple decisions to complex and complicated ones.
March 31, 2015
The relationship between food, exercise and mood
Food, exercise and mood are all interrelated. Learn tips to balance the three and begin to make healthy decisions.
April 7, 2015
Learn about how to look your best in the professional world: hair, fashion, body language, facial expression and much more
Beginning and Ending: Healthy Coping Skills
We all have our challenges in life. Join us in seeking out healthy ways to manage these inevitable challenges.
National Awareness Events for 2014-2015
October 9, 2015
- Save the date! Engage with your community and raise awareness about depression and the impact it has on college students. Take an in-person or an online screening.
October 20-22, 2015
CTC Wellness Week: Mental Health (11am-2pm, Various Locations)
- Join us in a fun filled 2 days of health activities. There will be a showcase of health practices around the world as well as a wellness fair to address all the dimensions of wellness.
February 23 - March 1, 2015
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week (11am-2pm, Campus Center)
- Celebrate your body, practice acceptance, enjoy good self-esteem. Learn about the impact of eating disorders on college students. Take in-person or online screenings. Identify where to go when you or a friend need help.
March 1-4, 2015
CTC Wellness Week (11am-2pm, Various Locations)
- Come enjoy a fun filled few days with many activities including "The Wellness Games" and a wellness fair. Learn some helpful tips to become a healthier person.
March 12, 2014
National Alcohol Screening Day (11am-2pm, Campus Center)
- Come participate in the events for the day.
Please Call 269-471-3470 for further information.