Programs & Events
Health & Fitness Expo
Sunday, September 27, 2015, 9:30am-1pm
- This year, the Counseling & Testing Center is joining other university departments to host our first Health & Fitness Expo. This is the university’s homecoming weekend and there are plenty of activities for students and alumni, including a 5/10K Run that will start before the Expo. As participants end their run/walk, they can engage with the expo. We are planning activities for the whole family. Stay tunned.
Tuesday Choice Presentations
(All Presentations are in Buller Hall)
September 22, 2015
“Health and School: Is it Possible?”
- As this new school year begins it is important to be the best student that you can be. Come learn some wellness tips and tricks to perform at your absolute best and help you maintain your balance.
September 29, 2015
Building Healthy Relationships
- What makes a healthy relationship? This presentation focuses on identifying the ingredients that contribute to healthy and strong relationships, while discovering the ontes that are potentially toxic. Come and dialog about how you can make the most of your friendships and be intentional about belonging to a healthy community.
October 29, 2015
“End the Cycle Now!”
- Domestic Violence is a wide problem that affects everyone in our society and can happen in every relationship. This is the opportunity to learn how to stop domestic violence and develop healthy relationships, because you deserve it!
November 4, 2015
“Overcoming Test Taking and Performance Anxiety”
- Feeling anxious when taking an exam or doing an oral presentation? Learn the mental skills to reduce your anxiety and improve your confidence and concentration.
November 17, 2015
“The New Drug Fad”
- Come examine the new drug that is sweeping the nation and destroying lives. You will learn ways that this deadly drug affects you as well as resources on how to overcome challenges associate with substance use.
November 24, 2015
“The Tie that Binds”
- Come explore the elements of good family relationships and the habits that solidify strong families.
Spring Semester 2016
January 12, 2016
“Making Time Work for You”
- Learning how to maximize your 24 hour day; organizing and managing your time more effectively so that you can enjoy your college experience.
January 19, 2016
“Breaking the Stigma”
- It’s time to break the chains and unleash your true potentials. Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, only you can free your mind.
February 23, 2016
Embrace Your Imperfection
- We all have those things that we do not like about ourselves. However, those are the things that make us individuals. It is important to embrace those characteristics and realize that we were all created with unique abilities. Come share this message of self-esteem with us.
March 1, 2016
“Alcohol, Gambling, and Addictions”
- Many times we believe that alcohol and other drugs are commonplace around us. What do the real statistics and stories say about alcohol, marijuana and other drugs.
March 22, 2016
“Make a Stand: Assertive Communication”
- Have a hard time saying “no”? Is it difficult to stand up for yourself? Come and learn ways to effectively express yourself while maintaining respect for others.
March 29, 2016
“You are almost there: Stress Management”
It's that time of year again! The key to being a successful student is to be able to deal effectively with things that are thrown your way. Learn what contributes to stress and gain some strategies to combat the anxiety and pressure. These things will contribute to your success here at Andrews.
National Awareness Events for 2015-2016
October 9, 2015
- Save the date! Engage with your community and raise awareness about depression and the impact it has on college students. Take an in-person or an online screening.
October 20-22, 2015
CTC Wellness Week: Mental Health (11am-2pm, Various Locations)
- Join us in a fun filled 2 days of health activities. There will be a showcase of health practices around the world as well as a wellness fair to address all the dimensions of wellness.
February 22 - 27, 2016
I AM / I AM NOT campaign
- Come participate in this campus-wide norming campaign to reset the way you think about at-risk behaviors.
March 7-10, 2016
CTC Wellness Week (11am-2pm, Various Locations)
- Come enjoy a fun filled few days with many activities including the wellness fair. Learn some helpful tips to become a healthier person.
April 7, 2016
National Alcohol Screening Day (11am-2pm, Campus Center)
- Come participate in the events for the day.
Please Call 269-471-3470 for further information.