Phone: (269) 471-6395
Fax: (269) 471-6388
Room 168, Campus Center,
Andrews University
Berrien Springs, MI

Travel Tips

To re-enter the U.S. you need to have the following documents:

  • Valid Passport. Your passport must be valid for at least 6 months.
  • Valid visa (F-1, F-2, J-1, J-2).
  • Current and valid I-20 or DS-2019 with a valid signature. Each signature on the third page is valid for 12 months.


Traveling to Canada. In order to enter Canada you must check visa requirements to find out if you need a visa to enter Canada. You can re-enter the U.S. from Canada with an expired U.S. visa stamp if ALL of the following apply to you (please check for the most current information before you travel):

  • You have a valid passport with an expired non-immigrant visa stamp and a valid I-20 or DS-2019. 
  • Your visit to Canada will be less than 30 days.
  • You are not a national of one of the following countries: Iran, Iraq, Libya, Syria, Sudan, Cuba, or North Korea.

Renewing your Visa. If you or your dependents need to renew your visa in order to re-enter the U.S. you must apply in person to an U.S. embassy or consulate abroad. Usually the following documents are required:

  • Valid passport (for at least 6 months)
  • Valid I-20
  • Proof of financial support
  • Proof of enrollment (official letter can be issued at the Registrar’s office)
  • Please contact the consulate or embassy to find out if any additional documentation is required since this may change from country to country.
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874   E-mail:
Copyright © 2015 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104