1. Read your I-20 and make sure the information on items 1, 4, and 5 are correct.
2. Sign your I-20 on item 11 (and you also have to sign for those of your dependents).
3. Pay the $200 SEVIS I-901 fee online. Be sure to print a copy of this receipt.
4. Make sure you have all the documents stated below for your F1 visa interview at the US Embassy or US Consulate nearest to you:
5. At the port of entry (airport of arrival in the U.S.) you must present:
6. If you are able, please print out the I-94 document (available to you only after you arrive into the United States) and bring a copy of it along with your passport to the international student services office as soon as you arrive.
Canadians may still receive it in paper.
7. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions and/or need further assistance.