Andrews University Citation Appeals
If you received a citation and wish to appeal it, the University has appointed a separate and impartial committee to review and make a decision on your petition. Members of the Appeals Committee are not employees of Campus Safety. The Appeals Committee meets twice a month at the Office of Campus Safety Office.
To petition an appeal:
1. Appeal online at: Appeal Submission Form.
You will receive a confirmation e-mail from the Appeals Committee when your appeal is received.
2. Appeals must be received within 10 days from the date of the citation.
3. The decision of the Appeals Committee will be e-mailed to the petitioner.
If you DO NOT have an e-mail address, then you can submit an written appeal at the Andrews University Office of Campus Safety (located at 4355 International Court on Andrews University property).
Information that must be included in your letter of appeal:
- Citation Number (5 or 11 digit number, depending on citation form)
- Your Name
- Your Andrews University ID Number (if you have/had one)
- Your Address (The response letter will be sent to this address)
Your letter of appeal will be sent to the Appeals Committee*. They will vote on your appeal and respond to you with an email/letter detailing what their decision is. If money is due, they will indicate how much and the due date.
If you are not satisfied with the result of your appeal, you have the right to a Second Appeal. This appeal is in person.
Procedure to Make a Second Appeal
Second appeal—before the citation payment is due, a second appeal appointment must be scheduled at the Office of Campus Safety. The following information is required:
1. Petitioner’s name
2. Petitioner’s Andrews ID number
3. Citation number
4. Citation date
5. Call-back phone number
• After a person is notified of their appearance before the committee, it is up to
that individual to arrange their schedule accordingly to attend.
• Failure to appear before the Appeals Committee at your scheduled time will
result in your appeal being dismissed and the citation will be upheld.
• Second appeals are not rescheduled due to scheduling conflicts or failure to
• The decision of the second appeal is final.
*Appeals Committee is comprised of faculty, staff, and students. No officers from the Office of Campus Safety votes on any appeal.
If you have further questions, feel free to contact the Office of Campus Safety Office during our lobby hours, between 7am and 3pm Monday through Friday.
For emergencies, please dial 911.
Andrews University Office of Campus Safety is on duty 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week.