BSMLS – 1st Degree
Pre-requisites for 1st – 3rd year students:
- Meet Andrews University admissions requirements.
Application for 1st – 3rd year students:
- The Andrews University undergraduate application can be submitted on line at http://www.andrews.edu/future/apply/index.html.
Prerequisites to enter the 4th, Senior year, known as the Clinical Year Program:
- Must have completed all Andrews University Medical Laboratory Sciences degree requirements with the exception of the Clinical Year courses. (See Program Timeline, Pre-clinical Studies for degree requirements.)
- Minimum GPA of 2.50 both overall and in the cognate sciences.
Application to enter the 4th, Senior year, known as the Clinical Year Program:
- All MLS students must submit an application to the MLS Department in order to advance into the Clinical Year Program.
- The application to the Clinical Year Program can be printed from the resources page or directly here, Senior Clinical Year Application. It may also be requested from the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences by telephone at 269-471-3336 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Clinical Year application should be submitted directly to the MLS Department no later than January 31 of the year an applicant is planning to begin the Program. (e.g. If planning to begin the Clinical Year in Fall 2011, the application is due on January 31, 2011).
- If not already an Andrews University student, applicants must apply and be admitted to Andrews University. Application can be submitted on-line at http://www.andrews.edu/future/apply/index.html.
- The MLS Admissions Committee typically meets in early March. Applicants are notified of the Committee’s decision shortly thereafter.