Certificate in MLS
Pre-requisite requirements Semester credits Biological Sciences 16 Chemistry 16 Mathematics 3 GPA, minimum, both cumulative and in the cognate sciences 2.50
Most post-baccalaureate students have satisfied the general education requirements upon admission. Some may need to complete additional science courses, particularly if the bachelor’s degree is in a non-science discipline. All prerequisite coursework must be completed before the start of the Clinical Year each Fall Semester.
To enter the Clinical Year Program, students must complete the following pre-clinical fundamental courses at the Berrien Springs campus, the summer prior to the beginning of the Clinical Year. If equivalent courses were previously taken, these requirements may be waived.
Course Number Preclinical fundamental course requirements Semester credits MLSC210 Fundamentals of Hematology & Hemostasis 2 MLSC230 Fundamentals of Clinical Microbiology 3 MLSC240 Fundamentals of Immunohematology 1 MLSC320 Fundamentals of Immunology 3 MLSC350 Fundamentals of Clinical Chemistry 3
- Individuals interested in the Certificate Program must apply and be admitted to both, the Clinical Year Program and Andrews University.
- The application to Andrews University may be submitted on line at www.andrews.edu/future/apply/index.html.
- International students must have their transcripts evaluated by an approved foreign transcript evaluation agency and provide a report of the evaluation.
- The application to the Clinical Year Program can be printed from the resource page or directly here, Senior Clinical Year Application. You may also request it from the Department of Medical Laboratory Sciences by telephone at 269-471-3336 or via email at email@example.com. The Clinical Year application should be submitted directly to the MLS Department no later than January 31 of the year an applicant is planning to begin the Program. (e.g. If planning to begin the Clinical Year in Fall 2011, the application is due on January 31, 2011).
- The MLS Admissions Committee typically meets in early March. Applicants are notified of the Committee’s decision shortly thereafter.