• Masters of Science in Nursing (Neonatal/Pediatric Nurse Practitioner)- Duke University, Durham, NC
• Bachelor of Science in Nursing- Northern Caribbean University, Jamaica, West Indies
• Associate Degree in Nursing- University of the Virgin Islands, St. Croix, United States Virgin Islands
Shawna Henry is an Associate Professor of Nursing at Andrews University. She received her Master of Science in Nursing degree from Duke University in Durham, NC in 2004. Shawna Henry is a nationally certified Neonatal and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner who has extensive clinical experience in the fields of neonatal and pediatric nursing as well as in nursing staff development. She has practiced as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner at Duke University Hospital and McLane Children’s Baylor Scott and White in Texas. Prior to working at Andrews, Ms. Henry worked as a nurse educator responsible for planning and implementing a nurse internship program, nursing staff development, nursing orientation, and continuing nursing education at a multi-hospital health system in Central Texas. Shawna Henry is a nationally certified Neonatal and Pediatric Nurse Practitioner.
Currently Ms. Henry teaches courses in the undergraduate nursing program at Andrews University. Some of the courses that she teaches include the following: “The Developing Child”, “Health Assessment- Lab”, “Research Methods”, and “Pathophysiology”.
One of her guiding Bible texts is Proverbs 1:7 “The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge….” (NIV)
• Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing-Member
• Publication: Henry, SM. Discerning differences: Gastroesophageal reflux and gastroesophageal reflux disease in infants. Advances in Neonatal Care, 2004, August pp 235-247