Congratulations! You're Accepted

We're certain that you, like us, will find Andrews University to be a place where you can Seek Knowledge, Affirm Faith and Change the World.


Who are my advisors?

You have two advisors.  One is your academic advisor.  They help you register for classes and answer questions about your academic future.  The second is your financial advisor.  They are trained to answer questions about the financial details of your education.  Your advisor's names and contact information are listed in your iVue

When can I meet my academic advisor and register for classes?

Soon after your acceptance, you will receive the contact information for your academic advisor and may then contact your academic advisor or department to begin the class registration process. During orientation, you will attend a Departmental Orientation where you will meet your advisor and other major professors. If you don't know who your academic advisor is, call Student Success Center at 269-471-6205 or visit your iVue page.

When do I meet my financial advisor?

Please contact the Office of Student Financial Services at 269-471-3334 to begin the conversation about financing your education. If you feel you need to meet with your financial advisor one-on-one, be sure to make your appointment before you arrive on campus.

How do I make my first payment?

Go to Registration Central to find your payment amount.  Payments should be received by our office by August 15 for fall semester and December 15 for spring semester.  Here is more information about payment options.

How do I read my financial award?

Your financial notification letter from Andrews University will list your Andrews Partnership Scholarship and any other monies you are eligible for. If you haven't' received your financial award notification, please view it at finVue. If you have questions about your award, please contact the Office of Student Financial Services immediately.

How do I pay for my meals when I arrive?

You pay for your meals with an Andrews ID card. Food purchased before classes begin will be a part of your first semester Dining Services charges. In order for your new card to work, you must be financially cleared. Yet another reason to meet that August 15 deadline! Otherwise, be prepared to pay with cash or a credit card.

How can I change my major?

Call the Student Success Center and simply tell them you've changed your mind! They will change your major and assign you a new academic advisor in that department. Please have your ID number ready when you call. You can also submit a change request on your My Account page.

How do I get an Andrews ID card?

You will receive an Andrews ID card when you come to campus. However, you must be financially cleared for it to be activated for use at Dining Services and the Andrews University Bookstore.

How do I request disability services?

Andrews University makes necessary accommodations for students with disabilities, both learning and physical.  Students requesting support from the Student Success Center should provide written documentation from a qualified professional as early as possible.

I am a transfer student.  Do I need to take the Math Placement Exam?

Most transfer students need to take a Math Placement Exam upon enrolling at Andrews.  Exam times and review sessions are scheduled at the start of each semester.  Go to the math page for more information.

I am a transfer student.  How will my credits transfer?

Qualitative Requirements -Only transfer credits with a minimum grade of C- from an accredited institution will be accepted for entry on the student's academic record at Andrews.

Advanced Standing - You will also receive periodic "check sheets" from the Office of Academic Records to monitor your progress.

Credit transfer - Credit transfer is evaluated by our Office of Academic Records.

For more information about transferring to Andrews University, please refer to the academic bulletin.  You may also contact the Articulation Coordinator at 269-471-3979.

Where can I work?

Andrews University is an equal opportunity employer, providing work opportunities for students.  The Office of Employee Services, which is part of Human Resources, assists students with their on-campus employment needs.  Some student employment opportunities are posted on the University's website.  Others are found by contacting employers. The University allows students to work up to 20 hours per week during the academic year. Students desiring part-time employment must be enrolled full-time in a degree-seeking program (12 undergraduate credits) and complete the necessary paperwork at the Office of Employee Services. Students should also arrange with the Office of Employee Services to take the Office Skills Test required by most employers and be prepared to present their Social Security card.

International students on non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visas may seek on-campus employment of up to 20 hours per week according to current immigration law. Persons on F-2 visas may not work in the United States.

Here is more information on employment eligibility certification and other student employment issues.

Can students work off-campus?

Yes, if you have transportation. You must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident, or have a visa that allows for off-campus work. International students are limited to 20 hours of on campus work a week. We recommend that all first-year students begin with no more than 10 to 12 hours of work in their weekly schedule.

Do I need student insurance?

Andrews requires all students enrolled for more than 6 credits to be insured by a policy covering accidents. Students have an option to purchase student health insurance with Collegiate Risk Management and through Andrews University or to have coverage through an alternate insurance provider. If you opt to have your own insurance you will need to submit your insurance information on Registration Central and a copy of your insurance card to the Office of Student Financial Services.

International students are required to maintain coverage as long as you have an I-20/IAP-66 for Andrews University and remain in student status.  You are required to maintain the same coverage for any dependents accompanying you and are responsible to inform Student Insurance of their arrival if they come later in the school year.

What is the minimum insurance required?

  • Minimum coverage of $50,000 for both accident and illness.
  • If the policy has a deductible, make sure it is less than $500.
  • Hospitalization must cover a per day minimum of $1,100 and Intensive Care Unit charges of $1,500 per day.
  • The policy should cover local physician office visits and medication.
  • For international students (F-1 and J-1 visa holders), the policy should include a repatriation and medical evacuation benefit of at least $10,000.

Do I need a Health and Immunization Record?

The Michigan Department of Public Health requires each student to meet immunization requirements. This includes receiving a TB Test within six months prior to starting your first semester. You may find this form on your My Account  page. Please fax or email this form as soon as possible. If TB test is done on campus after arrival, an additional fee will be charged.

How safe is campus?

As part of the Clery Act, all universities are required to disclose information about campus crimes, drug and alcohol offenses, and current security procedures. At Andrews, we work hard to ensure a safe environment for you. 

How can I receive emergency notifications?

Through AU Alert, Andrews will send emergency notification alerts to the campus. During emergencies and weather closings, text messages, emails and voice calls will be sent to registered recipients. Emergency alerts will also be posted to the Andrews University Facebook and Twitter Accounts. Be informed and register online. Use your Andrews University username and password to sign in.

What should I bring when I move in to the residence hall?

  • Don't bring much.  Only bring the essentials and you can add more later.
  • Contact your roommate in advance to coordinate what you'll each bring.  That way you won't duplicate stuff.
  • Be familiar with what the residence hall guidelines are.
  • Think comforting and personalized. Bring things that remind you of family and friends, your favorite blanket, etc.

Here are some items students recommend to bring:

  • Camera
  • mp3 player
  • Flip-Flops for the shower
  • Rolls of quarters for the washer/dryer and vending machines.
  • Closet organizers
  • Area rug.
  • Favorite lounging clothes. Great for those late nights in the dorm.
  • A TV? Nah...who needs it!
  • A laptop. That's more like it.

How do I set up my phone service?

Landline service with unlimited local calling and Caller ID is included in your residence hall fee and is provided through ITS/Telecommunications. To use this service, you will need to supply the telephone and/or answering machine. You will need a calling card to make long distance calls. Cellular coverage from ATT&T, US Cellular, Verizon and Sprint is very good on campus.

Can I have a TV?

Yes. The University operates its own cable television system. Basic service which includes local broadcast stations, campus content, Hope Channel and 3ABN is included as part of your housing package. Premium plans are available for a monthly fee through ITS/Telecommunication. You will need a "cable ready" digital TV to receive premium programming.

How should I pack for the weather?

Michigan is a four-season state. You should pack accordingly. Here are the averages for the Berrien Springs area.

Berrien Springs, MI Jan, Feb, March April, May, June July, August, September October,November,December
Avg. High (ºF) 33-44 59-80 75-84 35-64
Avg. Low (°F) 17-26 38-58 52-62 21-42
Avg. Snowfall (in.) 7.7-13.8 0-1.3 0 0.4-13.6

Are first-year students allowed to have cars?

Yes. All students are allowed to have cars. You can register your car online with the Office of Campus Safety just as soon as you have your Andrews ID number.

How can I be involved at Andrews?

There are countless ways to be involved.  Here are a few starting points.

  • Campus Ministries has a number of inreach and outreach projects.
  • Student Clubs & Organizations. We have over 60 clubs and organizations, call 269-471-3615 for more information.
  • Andrews University Student Association (AUSA). Make a difference on campus!  Become a senator. Elections are held in the fall.
  • Musical Organizations. Includes, but not limited to, Choirs, Wind Symphony, and Symphony Orchestra.
  • Athletics. We have intramural and intercollegiate teams as well as Gymnics!

How do I get to Andrews?

We are located in rural southwestern Michigan, and if you are within 300 miles of Andrews the cheapest way to get here is by car. If you are coming from further away or would just prefer taking the bus, Greyhound serves the nearby town of Benton Harbor (12 miles from campus) or South Bend Airport (23 miles from campus). You can also take the train, the closest cities with Amtrak service are Niles (15 minutes) and South Bend (30 minutes).

If you are thinking about flying to Andrews, the closest airport is South Bend Airport (30 minutes away). Many students, friends and visitors of Andrews also fly into Chicago O'Hare or Midway airports and then take Coach USA bus service to the South Bend Airport, or you can fly into Kalamazoo/Battle Creek International Airport.

What are the driving directions?

Take I-94 to exit 28.
Take US 31 south approximately 11 miles to Berrien Springs.
Turn left at J.N. Andrews Blvd.

Take the Indiana Toll Road (I80/90) to the South Bend west exit.
Take US 31 north approximately 15 miles to Berrien Springs.
Take exit 15A; turn right at the stop sign.
Go about half a mile, then turn left at J.N. Andrews Blvd.

Take US 31 north to Berrien Springs, located about 15 miles north of the Indiana border.
Take exit 15A; turn right at the stop sign.
Go about half a mile, then turn left at J.N. Andrews Blvd.


Need a ride or pickup? The Office of Transportation, 269-471-3519 or 269-471-6492 (24-hr emergency contact), provides pick-up service to or from all locations listed above, with the exception of Chicago airports. Please make arrangements at least 24 hours in advance. Transportation service is not normally available from sundown Friday to sundown Saturday. Thank you for planning your arrival times accordingly. There is a fee for this service which can be charged to your student account.

Where can I stay?

Students with residence hall reservations may move in on the Sunday before classes (spring semester) and on the Sunday of the week before classes start (fall semester). A limited number of guest rooms are available for parents. For rooms on campus call the Office of Guest & Convention Services at 269-471-3360 or email Otherwise, family members may want to contact one of the nearby hotels.

Can I arrive early?

Some students and parents may choose to arrive early in the Berrien Springs area. Due to final preparations, early move-in cannot be accommodated. Please arrange for accommodations in the area.

How can I get a question answered for me?

Call one of our enrollment coordinators at 800-253-2874. If they can't answer your question, they'll find someone who can!