Congratulations! You're Accepted

We're certain that you, like us, will find Andrews University to be a place where you can Seek Knowledge, Affirm Faith and Change the World.

International Students

Each year our campus is lit up by the brilliance, color, and culture of hundreds of students from around the world who study at Andrews University. From our International Flag Mall to the International Food Fair and much more, international students are celebrated as we Engage Globally.

To make sure your stay at Andrews is both smooth and pleasant, please review the following important pieces of information.

International Student Orientation

Don't forget to attend the International Student Orientation, for Fall 2019 It will be on Sunday, August 25 at 11:00a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Spring 2019 International Student Orientation is on Sunday, January 5th, time will be announced at a later date. It is located in the Leadership Lab which is in the Campus Center.

How Do I Receive the I-20 Document? 

The Office of International Student Services & Programs will send your I-20 Form that you will need to have with you to apply for the F1 student visa to study in the United States once we:

  • Approve your budget sheet
  • Verify your funds
  • Receive your $3,000 advance deposit (Citizens of Bahamas, Bermuda, Canada, and Mexico are exempt from paying the international deposit)
  • $100 International Student Fee is a one-time non-refundable fee

If you have questions regarding the budget sheet, please contact the International Financial Specialist at 269-471-6380 or email For specific questions regarding the I-20, contact the Office of International Student Services & Programs at 269-471-3310 or email

Make sure to mark your name and ID number clearly on any transactions. Include specific dollar amounts on how the funds should be allocated (i.e., International deposit, Residence Hall deposit). Transfer funds may be wired—contact the International Financial Specialist at

Student Insurance and Student Employment

International students on non-immigrant F-1 or J-1 visas may seek on-campus employment of up to 20 hours per week according to current immigration law. Persons on F-2 visas may not work in the United States. For information on employment eligibility certification and other student employment issues, see