Choosing a college. Flunking out. Facing punishment. Learning to learn. Embracing a mission. Wrestling with doubt. Helping a friend. Hitting bottom. Hearing the call. Struggling with finances. Stressing over finals. Confronting prejudice. Changing majors. Grieving over loved ones. Falling in love. Dealing with defeat. Picking up the pieces. Accepting grace. Losing hope. Finding Jesus.
An outstanding roster of college and university administrators and professors, along with other Christian thought leaders, share moving and instructive personal stories of how God led them while they themselves were students in higher education.
With first-person testimonies by Darrell L. Bock, Kenneth S. Hemphill, John C. Ortberg, Jr., Luis Palau, H. Norman Wright . . . and 145 more written by administrators and professors from more than 100 Christian colleges, universities and seminaries, including . . . Asbury College, Azusa Pacific University, Baylor University, Calvin College, Cedarville University, Dallas Baptist University, Indiana Wesleyan University, Loma Linda University, Oral Roberts University, Oakwood College, Seattle Pacific University, Spring Arbor University, Trinity International University, Union University, Wheaton College.
"We are each the product of our experiences - the joyous and the poignant - and the stories of College Faith 2, not unlike a string of unique and precious pearls, remind us of what it is to be fully human and to walk humbly with Christ."
Andrew K. Benton
President, Pepperdine University
"One of the best decisions we have made at Biola University regarding our incoming students was to send them College Faith. I have received many expressions of thanks for it, and I am glad that Andrews University Press has come out with this second volume."
President, Biola University
Click here to read a sample from this book.
Sample Story Titles:
- Any Old Bush Will Do by Luis Palau
- The Coach and the Goldbrick by David L. Jeffrey
- Drums, Mono, and Sanctification by Elliott J. Anderson
- He Cheers When We Say "I Can't" by Susan Alexander Yates
- A Lonely Prankster and a Fervent Prayer by F. Gregory Campbell
- Megas Rhodos and the Joy of Doing by John C. Ortberg, Jr.
- My Sweet Potato Man by Marie S. Morris
- Pizza, Catechism, and a Car Named Annabelle by Saundra J. Tracy
- Stumped in Football by Alan S. Cureton
- To All the Atheists I've Loved Before by Preston F. Harper