Date: March 19, 2009
Countdown to the Higher Learning Commission Accreditation On-site Visit
March 23-25, 2009
How have we prepared for the site visit?
1. The Self-Study has been distributed to the site visitors, all members of the President’s Cabinet, all deans of schools, all members of the Self-Study Steering Committee, and many directors of campus departments and programs. In addition, copies are on reserve in the James White Library. On the Andrews University website, the self-study can be found at http://www.andrews.edu/services/accreditation/. All members of the Andrews University community are welcome to review the document.
2. An Executive Summary of the Self-Study will be distributed early this week to all campus employees. Students and any other member of the University community may obtain a copy by calling Alice C. Williams at 269-471-3373 or by e-mailing email@example.com.
3. All documents referenced in the Self-Study will be available to the site visitors in a Resource Room (AD 306) during the visit. Many of these documents are also posted on D2L (Desire 2 Learn). Site visitors have access to this site. If you wish access to the D2L site, please contact Alice C. Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org) to be listed as a campus participant.
4. In consultation with the team chair of the site visit team, we are developing a schedule for the visit. Monday morning, the group will meet with administrators in various groups. They will have lunch with local Board members. Monday afternoon (March 23), general faculty will meet with team visitors at the usual time and place. Tentatively, we have scheduled a General Staff meeting for 4 p.m. that Monday afternoon. As the team lets us know which other people they wish to meet with, we will work out schedules for those visits.
5. You can help by attending a group session; by being available for an appointment with a site visitor; by welcoming visitors to the campus; by inviting visitors to visit a classroom, or dorm room, or office; by engaging in conversations about the University with site visitors.
6. Everyone can help by praying for God’s blessings on the visit and on our guests.