We are delighted that you are thinking about applying to the MDiv Program! Please review the Eligibility and Admission Requirements below as you prepare to apply to our program. For a list of application deadlines, or to start your online application, visit the Apply Now page.
To be eligible for admission, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Baccalaureate degree: A four-year degree from an accredited United States institution, or its equivalent from an institution outside the U.S.
- Undergraduate GPA: The entire student profile is considered during the admissions process, including the GPA, which should be at least 2.50.
- English proficiency: Applicants whose language is not English must demonstrate English proficiency by submitting a minimum TOEFL score of 85, TOEFL (ibt) score of 565 and MELAB score of 81.
- Church membership: Applicants typically hold membership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Personal qualifications: Prospective students should represent high moral integrity with a character, lifestyle, and spiritual commitment reflective of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. They should also show promise of usefulness for ministry through personal maturity and adequate experience in the Church. (Persons of other faiths who are willing to live in harmony with these standards are welcome to apply.)
- Online Application Fee: $30 (No fee waivers are available.)
- Official transcripts: From the institutions where all post-secondary coursework was taken. Download Transcript Request PDF (Existing link)
- Recommendations: Three recommendations are required. Your recommenders should include individuals from the following: a religion department, a church board, and a general recommendation. On the on-line application, you will be asked for the names and email addresses of your recommenders. When you provide this information, your recommenders will receive an email with a direct link to the form.
- Resume or professional history: Information about your employment, research, or special projects.
- Personal history: Submit an autobiographical history and statement of purpose reflecting your family and religious development, sense of calling to ministry, experience in church work, and future goals in relationship to the MDiv program. (If married, the spouse of the applicant is also asked to complete a statement in regard to her or his feelings and relationship to the partner's aspirations for future ministry.)
- Interview: Meet with a representative of the MDiv program, if required. The interview can be in person or by telephone or Skype.
- Personality Questionnaire: You will receive a Personality Factor Questionnaire after we receive your application. Complete and return the questionnaire as directed.