Salaried Online Job Posting
||[SF] Salaried Full-Time
|Hours Per Week:
||Commensurate with Experience
||July 1, 2013
- Serves as an operations manager for the various functions of IMC and serves, in particular, in a supporting oversight and tracking role for the definition, coordination and execution of strategic projects accepted by IMC. Additional responsibilities may and will include editorial support, budget oversight and development of progress reports for use in President’s Cabinet, Deans’ Council and other campus and off-campus settings.
- In consultation with the Creative Director (VP) and Associate Creative Director (Editorial Manager), documents, schedules and tracks progress toward fulfillment of strategic projects and events.
- When a project is accepted and defined by CD/ACD, uses project management software to further define and assign responsibilities as the project is initiated and works towards completion. As appropriate, tracks and monitors interconnected details both within and beyond IMC as it relates to the successful completion of these projects.
- Provides overall monitoring/status reports to management team on a regular basis.
- Consults on no less than a weekly basis with creative director, associate creative director, marketing managers and editorial, print and web IMC staff to understand and assure progress towards assigned projects and timelines.
- Provides supplementary editorial support where appropriate, including copy editing, basic writing and other assignments as given.
- Provides reception support and serves “face of IMC,” the front line of customer service as IMC seeks to serve the Andrews University campus and understand and meets its strategic needs.
- Responsible for management of budget, including seeking appropriate approval for invoices and expense reports, tracking and monitoring monthly/annual budget indicators, use this information and context in developing annual budget in consultation with CD/ACD. Also provides support on specially budgeted activities, i.e. General Conference Sessions, history book production, one-time strategic budget expenditures and so on.
- Manages weekly IMC staff meetings by creating an agenda in consultation with Creative Directors, taking notes and ensuring assignments are given for each item on the agenda as needed.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization\'s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include planning, assigning and tracking work; addressing complaints and resolving problems. Other supervisory responsibilities, including student staff, as assigned.
- Very detail-oriented and organized, with the ability to see the “big” picture and flow of projects over a span of time. Excellent interpersonal skills—a good communicator—positive, diplomatic and friendly. Have a good understanding and sensibility about marketing and strategy. Ability to multitask and focus in an often-distracting environment.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree required (preferably in communication, marketing or English) and preferably two to five years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret written and spoken communication in English. Ability to effectively elicit and present information and respond to questions from clients and IMC staff.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables and often conflicting situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Comfortable with both PC and Mac platforms. Technologically intuitive and a quick learner.
- Designated project management and tracking software, Microsoft Office Suite, Banner.
- Must connect comfortably and professionally with all the people who interact with this office: academic administrators, students, faculty, staff and vendors. Must have a warm, patient and friendly personality and be willing to help clients according to their needs. Must be a team player and fit comfortably with the office atmosphere and philosophy of service. Must have natural customer service skills, including the ability to address and resolve conflicts.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Job will occasionally require lifting and moving objects up to 35 lbs.
Must be a Seventh-day Adventist in good and regular standing.
Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0860
Phone: 269. 471. 3570
Fax: 269. 471. 6293