• Preparing to Apply / General Info
  • Application Process
  • Financial Aid
  • Distance Learning Options
  • For International Students


Q. I have no prior ministerial experience, and I did not major in Theology or Religion. Can I still apply?

Yes, you may still apply. A number of our students did not major in Theology or Religion or have any prior ministerial experience. They simply have a strong sense of calling to the ministry and to be equipped to serve the Lord better.

Q. What is the difference between Track 1 and Track 2 MDiv students?

Generally speaking, Track 1 students are students who majored in Theology or Religion in college, and through their studies, have completed the prerequisite courses for the MDiv program. Track 2 students are those who did not major in Theology or Religion.

Q. How long is the program?

Track 1 students are required to complete 92 credits. Generally, this can be done in  3 years.

Track 2 students are required to complete 107 credits. Generally, this can be done in 3.5 years. All Track 2 students must begin during the Summer semester.

Q. When can I start the MDiv Program?

We accept students for the Summer and Fall semesters only. Students cannot begin in the Spring.

Track 1 students may begin in either the Summer or Fall semesters.
Track 2 students must begin in the Summer semester.

There are also opportunities for distance learning. For more information about these options, you can visit the Seminary Distance Learning Center. You can start classes right away through the

Q.Is there any way I can start in the Fall instead of the Summer even though I am a Track 2 student?

No. If you are a Track 2 student, you should make plans to start in the summer. For truly exceptional circumstances, the Admissions Committee may review a request from a prospective Track 2 student to begin in the Fall. This is rare, however.

Q. Can my spouse study at the Seminary too? I heard there was a Spouse Discount.

Academically qualified spouses of full-time on-campus seminary students may request a discount on tuition of Seminary master's-level courses taken to fulfill the requirements of a Seminary master's degree. The individual requesting the discount must be accepted into a Seminary master's program and must apply for the discount each semester in which his/her spouse is enrolled fulltime in the Seminary. The discounted fee is $110 per credit hour.

Also, Seminary students and spouses of Seminary students may request to informally audit any 500- or 600-level Seminary courses (except Seminars and Biblical Languages) regardless of academic qualifications and without charge, subject to written permission from the instructor, Seminary Dean, and available space.

Q. Who do I contact if I want to visit the campus as a prospective graduate student?

You can contact Student Visits via phone or email to schedule a visit. You can also schedule a visit online at their website.

  • Student Visits
    (855) 428-4723
    (269) 471-3059

Q.Do you have on-campus housing for graduate students?

Yes. To learn more about on-campus housing, visit the housing website, or contact the staff at (269) 471-6979, or universityapartments@andrews.edu.


Q. How do I apply?

You can apply online at http://www.andrews.edu/grad/.

Q.How much is the application fee?

The online application fee is $30.

Q. Do you offer waivers for the application fee?

We do not offer application fee waivers. Everyone must pay this amount.

Q.When is the application deadline?

Given that applying and obtaining pertinent documents for admission can be a long endeavor, the student must start the application process 2–3 months before the dates provided below. All documents required for acceptance must be in the Office of Graduate Enrollment by the following dates:

  • Summer Enrollment (Track 1 & 2)
    February 28 – Deadline to Start Application Process
    April 21 – Deadline to Complete Applicaiton Process
  • Fall Enrollment (Track 1 only)
    May 31 –Deadline to Start Application Process
    July 31 – Deadline to Complete Applicaiton Process

After these dates, there will be a late application fee.

Q. Do all of my application materials have to arrive by the deadline?

Yes. You should aim to have all of your application materials in by the deadline if you want your application to be considered for the selected term.

Q. I missed the application deadline! Can I still apply?

While it is possible (with a late fee), we cannot guarantee that your application will be reviewed or completed on time if you submit it late.

Q. If I have problems or questions about the online application, admission process, or documents needed, who should I contact?

Office of Graduate Enrollment
(269) 471-6321

Q.Can I check my application status online? If so, how?

Yes, you can check the status of your application through preVue. When you apply, you should receive a welcome email with instructions for setting up a preVue account. Through preVue, you can check the status of your application.

If you have further questions, you can contact the Office of Graduate Enrollment at (269) 471-6321, or graduate@andrews.edu.

Q. Do I have to take the GRE?

Not for the MDiv. For a list of application requirements, go here.

Q. Where should my transcript(s) be sent to?

  • Mail to:Graduate Enrollment
    Andrews University
    Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0620

    (269) 471-6246 (Fax)

Only official transcripts will be accepted. If you submit an unofficial transcript, we will still need your official transcript before your application is considered complete.

Q. Who should I ask to write my letters of recommendation?

Your recommendations should be from the following sources:

  1. A college religion department (if you are a theology or religion graduate of an SDA college within the past five years).
  2. A local church board where you are either a member or where you have been actively engaged in some form of ministry for at least one year. This recommendation should be signed by the pastor, or, in his absence, a church elder.
  3. 3. A person not included in the previous categories (preferably a church leader, pastor, administrator, or teacher).

Q. What is the Financial Statement component of the application?

The Financial Statement helps us to see how you intend to finance your studies here. It is also meant to help you anticipate the costs you will incur as a student. You can access the form here. When you have completed it, you can mail or fax it to the following:

  • Mail to:

    Graduate Admissions
    Andrews University
    Berrien Springs, MI 49104-0620

    (269) 471-6246 (Fax)

Q. I only have a few more credits until I am done with my bachelor’s degree. Can I start the MDiv program and dually enroll in undergraduate classes at Andrews to finish my bachelor’s?

If you are already an Andrews University student, yes, you may dually enroll in the undergraduate program and the MDiv Program as you finish your bachelor’s degree. If you are completing your undergraduate studies elsewhere, you will need to complete your bachelor’s degree before starting the
MDiv program here.

Q. When will I find out if I have been accepted?

After you apply, your application cannot be processed until we receive all requested documents, such as your recommendations, college transcripts, financial budget, etc. Once we have ALL of these documents in hand, graduate admissions will send your admission package to the Seminary for evaluation and processing. It takes 2-3 weeks for this final step.

You can check your application status online through your preVue account. For further questions about preVue, contact  the Office of Graduate Enrollment at (269) 471-6321, or graduate@andrews.edu.


Q. How much does the MDiv Program cost?

Tuition fees are as follows:

Fall: $2614.00 (+ 315 General fee) for up to 16 credits
Spring: $2614.00 (+ 315 General fee) for up to 16 credits
Summer: $1967.00 (+ 120 General fee) for up to 12 credits

Please keep in mind that this does not include the cost of other school fees, books, food, lodging, and other expenses you may incur while studying here.

Q. Are there any scholarships available?

The MDiv Program is already heavily subsidized by the North American Division, so there are no additional scholarships available through the Seminary. You may wish to research external scholarship opportunities, however. You can also contact Student Financial Services to learn about other financial
aid options. They can be reached at (269) 471-3334, or sfs@andrews.edu.

Q. Who do I talk to about getting loans and about other financial aid issues?

You should contact Student Financial Services. They can be reached at (269) 471-3334, or sfs@andrews.edu.

International Students

Q. Is there someone on campus who can answer my questions about international students?

The office of International Students Services would be an excellent resource for you. They can be reached at (269) 471-6395, or iss@andrews.edu.

Q. Do international students submit the same application that non-international students do?

Yes, the application is the same. However, if you are an international student, you will need to review the additional information we have on this website for international students.

See application deadlines under the heading: “When is the application deadline?”

Q. How many credits do international students have to take each semester?

International students need to take at least 9 credits each semester.

Q. Do I have to take the TOEFL or MELAB English proficiency test?

Class work at Andrews University is in English. Applicants whose mother tongue is other than English must submit scores of a standardized English proficiency exam.

Q. Can I take the English test when I arrive at Andrews?

You will need to take the TOEFL or MELAB before you come to Andrews. Our courses require a high level of English language ability. We want to ensure that you will be able to fully engage with the subject matter without being unduly hindered by language difficulties.

Q. Do I need a visa and an I-20 if I am only coming in the summer?

All international students need an I-20 and a visa to be able to study in the US.

Q. How can I connect with other students from my country/region?

Click Here is a list of international student clubs on campus.


Phone: 269-471-3538   Email: mdiv@andrews.edu
Andrews University is a Seventh-day Adventist institution of higher education
Phone: 1-800-253-2874   E-mail: enroll@andrews.edu
Copyright © 2015 Andrews University
Berrien Springs, Michigan 49104