Bachelor of Science in Biology
The bachelor of science in biology is the perfect program to prepare you for entry to the medical school, dental school, or other graduate program of your choice. All of the required pre-medicine, pre-dentistry, or pre-veterinary medicine courses can be easily included in this program, and a wide variety of additional courses are available as well. The following emphases help the student to focus their studies in a particular area of interest:
- Biomedical - Preparation for application to medical school
- Molecular Biology- Preparation for research and biotechnology
- Behavior/Mathematics - Behavioral neuroscience with a strength in mathematics
- Neurobiology - Preparation for research in neurobiology
- Neuroscience - Behavioral neuroscience with a strength in biology
- Zoology - Animal science, basic research
- Secondary Education - Preparation for Teaching Science at Secondary Level
- Special - An emphasis tailored to the student's own needs
Minor in Biology
Minor in Environmental Science
Master of Science in Biology (MS Biology)
The master of science in biology is an advanced academic degree that prepares students to continue on for a Ph.D. or perhaps to work in a high level research lab or state lab as a research associate or technician.
Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT)
With a master of arts in teaching, the student is prepared to teach biology in secondary schools. This degree is offered through the School of Education. A minor or its equivalent in biology on the undergraduate level is a prerequisite.