The mission of the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry within the context of a Christian world view is:
- To assist all students to excel in developing their analytical and critical reasoning skills, using fundamental chemical principles and computational methods
- To prepare our chemistry and biochemistry majors to enter graduate school, professional school, the chemical industry, or the teaching profession, in a diverse world
- To develop in our students an understanding of responsible, environmentally sensitive use of global resources
- To engage students and faculty in the process of discovery and creativity in the research lab and the classroom
- To model a life of personal and professional integrity.