All MDiv applicants must meet the Graduate Programs Admission Requirements applicable to all graduate students and the general seminary requirements found in the current Academic Bulletin. Applicants to the MDiv program must also complete all the forms in the application packet, available at www.andrews.edu/grad/admission/application.html, and meet the requirements listed below:
- Hold a baccalaureate degree, usually in theology or religion.
- Normally hold membership in the Seventh-day Adventist Church inasmuch as the MDiv program is specifically designed for Adventist ministers and is sponsored and financed by the Adventist church.
- Represent high moral integrity with a character, lifestyle, and spiritual commitment reflective of the beliefs and practices of the Seventh-day Adventist Church and show promise of usefulness for Adventist ministry through personal maturity and adequate experience in the Church. (Persons of other faiths who are willing to live in harmony with these standards are welcome to apply.)
- Submit an autobiographical history and statement of purpose reflecting the applicant's family and religious development, sense of calling to ministry, experience in church work, and future goals in relationship to the MDiv program. (If married, the spouse of the applicant is also asked to complete a statement in regard to her or his feelings and relationship to the partner's aspirations for future ministry.)
- An interview with a representative of the MDiv program may be required, either by personal contact, telephone, or video.
- Complete and return the Sixteen Personality Factor Questionnaire as directed.