UNIVERSITY PRESS - Marketing Assistant
The marketing assistant will be working with general marketing and public relations projects and events, including, but not limited to, advertisements, promotions, and communications. The work will include clerical data entry necessary for developing mailing lists, conceptualizing attractive posters and mailings, organizing and affecting marketing and sales events, making telephone calls, and maintaining a regular responsible social media presence.
Applicant must have superior communication skills with an avid interest in precision work, organization, and a high attention to detail. Applicant must also be proficient in social media, MS Office suite, and preferably both Adobe design suite and Mail Chimp (experience in app design is a plus). Applicant must be reliable and punctual.
Duties and responsibilities
Assist with conceptualization and implementation of marketing strategies and various other marketing tasks.
- High level of attention to detail and quality of work
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office suite required
- Ability to effectively use social media platforms
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to spend long periods of time on a single task but also regularly switch between multiple projects
- Dependability in meeting daily schedule
- Pleasant personality
- Microsoft Office suite (mostly Word, Excel, and Powerpoint)
- Twitter, Facebook, Snap Chat, Instagram, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Mail Chimp is preferable
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Design suite is preferable
Must be able to work collegially in an office setting with other immediate associates
Pleasant, quiet work environment