ACADEMIC RECORDS - Stu-Clerical Reg Acad Records
The student assistant will provide clerical support and assistance with processing of graduation applications, degree audits, petitions, and other degree service procedures.
Good organizational skills; detail-oriented; ability to multi-task; good computer skills (Banner experience is great!); dependability and confidentiality a MUST; ability to work summers REQUIRED; ability to work vacations, and breaks HIGHLY DESIRED; ability to work a block of time during regular office hours REQUIRED.
Duties and responsibilities
Processing (receiving, entering, scanning, uploading, and purging) of Student Academic Record documentation.
Assisting the Degree Services Coordinator with degree service processes and projects pertaining to degree audits, student records, file retention, curriculum changes, and graduation.
- Good customer service skills (by email, phone, and face-to-face)
- Organizational skills
- Detail-oriented (accuracy and consistency are our priorities)
- Dependability and confidentiality
- Ability to work summers, vacations and breaks (Students graduate in all three semesters. Students able to work during these "off" times are especially helpful, and preferred.)
- Length of stay - 1 year minimum, longer is highly desired
- Microsoft office proficiency required, including Excel (we do a lot of work in spreadsheets and a baseline ability to read and interpret them is required)
- Banner experience a plus
Must be comfortable interacting with students, staff, and other office personnel in person, by phone, and by email.
Sitting at a desk/computer for the period of time you are working. Able to carry up to 20 lbs. as necessary (i.e. office supplies, boxes of student files, shredding, etc.).
This is a front-facing office that receives and screens visitors and paperwork. It is occasionally busy and noisy at high volume times.